Getting To Know Each Other

Loki and Anselma sat awkwardly in her room. They had wanted some privacy to talk about their situation and had invited Tony but in a show of maturity he allowed them their time alone.

"Tell me about yourself." Anselma said quickly, just to break the silence. Loki started from where he had been sitting on the bed across from her, just staring at her face. "Alright." He said and sat up straight before beginning.

"I was born on Jotunheim, home of the frost giants, and because I was a runt I was abandoned." Anselma bit her lip to keep from saying anything, knowing he needed to get everything out. "During a war with Asgard I was found by the Allfather, Odin, and was raised as his son. A prince of Asgard." At his grimace Anselma could tell that it wasn't a grand childhood he was remembering. "Growing up I realized I was different from all other children. They all wished to be warriors while I wished to master the art of magic. And so, because of my differences I earned titles from others." He paused and glanced at his daughter, taking a deep breath before listing them. "Liesmith, Silver-Tounge, Trickster, Sly-One-" He cut off as Anselma grabbed his hand and squeezed it in comfort. "You are amazing." She told him. "What they say doesn't matter to me." Loki gave her a small smile. "I was raised alongside Thor and a few years ago discovered my true parentage. But no matter my blood, I am the son of Odin and Frigga." He was quiet for a few minutes. "Will you tell me about you?" Anselma shrugged as if to say 'Why not?'

"I was four when the Ten Rings killed my mother and dragged me off to a cave in the middle of Afghanistan. I met Papa there a few months later." She slid across the bed and pulled Loki to sit by her side in the middle of the bed. "He escaped with me and adopted me the day we arrived in Miami. I was raised by him and the team when they got together. We've been a great, big, dysfunctional family ever since." Loki wrapped an arm around her shoulders. Anselma leaned back until they were laying. "Jarvis, can you display the universe on the ceiling please?" He did and Anselma turned her head to find Loki watching her with a soft smile.

"Will you tell me about the worlds?" She whispered. Loki nodded lightly and turned to share with her all his knowledge of the realms.

Hours later they walked out to find a sweet sight. A hulked out Bruce was sleeping on the floor, a slumbering Thor laying on him like a bed. Tony sat against Hulk half asleep clinging to his Iron Man mug and Steve was sleeping against Tony, cuddling his shield.

Tony's eyes snapped open when Loki and Anselma stepped out the room. "What?" He asked at his daughter's amused look. "We were worried." Anselma just laughed, Loki's joining hers soon after. Tony smiled at his two loves joy and relaxed against Hulk. Yeah, he thought sleepily. We'll be just fine.