London

Three days later they returned to Midgard so Anselma could start her senior year of high school. Tony was a bit disappointed that she didn't want to zoom through and go straight to college like he did. But he let her make her own choices. Her first semester flew by, Anselma constantly complaining it wasn't a challenge. It wasn't until a week into the second semester that Tony regretted letting her go through all four years of high school. Because a week into the semester Anselma ran excitedly into the family room where everyone sat talking about what movie they wanted to watch that night.

"Papa! Papa!" She yelled, leaping into his arms when he stood to greet her. He stumbled and fell onto the couch with Anselma on his chest. "Guess what?" She asked as she jumped up and began bouncing on the balls of her feet. Tony sat up and looked at her in confusion. "What happened Baby Girl?" He asked warily. For some reason he felt like he wouldn't like what she was about to say. Everyone looked to her, wondering what had her so excited.

"My school is giving the seniors the option to finish this semester in London!" Tony froze while everyone else chatted excitedly with Anselma. "You want to go to London for this semester by yourself?" He asked slowly cutting across all conversation. Anselma turned slowly towards him. She bit her lip and looked at him from beneath her eyelashes. "Can I Papa?" She asked softly. Tony cursed silently, knowing he couldn't refuse his little girl anything. Sighing in defeat he nodded. Anselma squealed happily and hugged him tightly. "Thank you Papa!" Tony grumbled halfheartedly but hugged her back. "Just promise me you'll be careful." He said. Anselma smiled brightly at him. "Always am." Skipping she disappeared to pack. Tony just wished he didn't have a bad feeling about this.
***********************
Anselma looked around London in awe. Shaking her head to regain focus she lifted a hand to hail a cab. One instantly pulled up. Climbing in the cabbie asked for the address. "221 B Baker Street." She said. They made the trip without exchanging anymore words. Once they reached her destination Anselma paid the man and climbed out with her one bag. Tony had given her his black card to buy whatever she needed or wanted so she had packed the books and journals she didn't want to leave behind. She was just going to buy a whole new wardrobe.

Anselma walked up the steps and knocked three times. Mrs. Hudson opened the door and squealed when she saw who it was. Pulling Anselma into a bear hug she yanked the teen inside. Anselma laughed and returned the hug. "How have you been Mrs. H?" She asked once they pulled apart. Mrs. Hudson pulled her into her apartment before answering. "I've been well sweetie. How have you been?" She asked as Anselma sat at the kitchen table while Mrs. Hudson scurried to make tea. "I'm good. Just came to visit the boys since I graduated early and had some free time." Mrs. Hudson beamed proudly at her. "Oh, Anthony must be so proud of you." She gushed. Anselma forced down her guilt, because Tony didn't know. She had lied to get here, knowing he would have never let her come without a good reason. And he didn't know about Sherlock or Jim. Not even John, who she knew Tony would like. And she knew he would never allow her near Sebastian if he knew what he did for a loving. Hell he was wary around Clint and Natasha for a while before Anselma put her foot down. "Yeah, he was thrilled." Mrs. Hudson sighed happily while placing a cup of tea in front of Anselma. "Tell me all about those heroes you live with now." She said, leaning forward eagerly. Anselma laughed and took a sip of tea. She spent the next three hours talking about the Avengers, explaining how Loki was her Dad, and describing Asgard. She only stopped when they heard footsteps on the stairs. Mrs. Hudson smiled at the excitement covering Anselma's face. "Oh, go ahead dear." She said when Anselma bit her lip not wanting to be rude and run out on the landlady. "I know you've been dying to see them. And I've prepared 221 C for you to use for as long as you stay here." Anselma gave her a grateful smile. Reaching down to grab her bag, Mrs. Hudson swatted her hand away gently. "I'll do that. Go." Ushering Anselma out she put the bag just inside 221 C's door.

Anselma managed to go up the stairs without making a sound. Feeling immensely proud of herself she knocked once on the closed door. It took awhile before the door opened. "Honestly Sherlock," John said over his shoulder. "You're right there, why did I have to come from my room to answer-" Looking forward and spotting Anselma he cut himself off. Laughing he pulled Anselma into his arms and spun her around. "Selma!" He exclaimed. She giggled at him. "John!" She mimicked. John chuckled and set her on her feet. Turning she came face-to-face with Sherlock. He towered over her for a moment before dropping a kiss onto her temple so quickly that if she hadnt felt she wouldn't have known it had happened. Smiling up at him, she stood on her toes and brushed a soft kiss on his sharp cheekbones. "Good to see you too Sheryl." Sherlock scowled and plopped back onto the couch to pout. "So," John said. "Why are you here?" Anselma moved to sit in Sherlock's chair. "I came to see my five favorite boys." Sherlock scowled darkly at her. "Mycroft." He said with disgust. John stared at him with shock. "You're upset that Mycroft is one of the five instead of two of them being Moriarty and Moran?" Sherlock just huffed and turned to put his back to them. Anselma laughed at his antics. "Oh, how I missed you boys." She sighed. John grinned at her while Sherlock's smile was hidden from the other two. But they all knew he was happy his goddaughter was there. After all he had promised her mother to look after her. And he would spend the rest of his life trying to make up for failing her when she was in Afghanistan.