Home

Anselma groaned quietly when she woke which Tony took as a good sign. She would only make noise if she felt safe and seeing as she was wrapped in his arms she had every reason to. Bruce walked in and saw him laying on Anselma's bed. Again. "Tony," he sighed in exasperation. "I've already warned-" he cut himself off when he saw Anselma trying to sit up. Tony hurriedly helped her up and began fussing over her. "Papa," she croaked and batted his hand away from where it had been checking her temperature. "I'm fine." She shrunk in on herself at the twin looks of disapproval at her brush off.

"So," Anselma said, clapping her hands together and hiding the wince of pain as it bothered the wounds along her torso. "What's the verdict?" Tony slipped off the bed and moved to stand next to Bruce. Bruce hesitated slightly before responding.

"You suffered several lacerations along your arms and face, three stab wounds along your stomach, a minor concussion, and a fractured wrist. Overall," he said with a slight green tint. "You're lucky Tony got there when he did." Anselma's brows furrowed for a second. "What damage did the magic do?" She said playing with the wrap around her left wrist. Tony stepped forward to still her hand. "Loki healed all of that damage but said your physical wounds had to heal on their own since too much magic in your system could cause permanent damage." She nodded at her Papa's words before slowly lowering herself to lay down again. "Where is everyone else?" She felt a bit worried at Tony's wicked grin.

"Interrogating the prisoners." He said nonchalantly. Anselma chuckled softly. "Yeah that sounds like them." She mumbled before slipping back into the gentle embrace of slumber. Tony brushed a stray piece of hair from her face and grimaced. "How could I have failed you so badly?" He whispered sadly to her before pulling a chair closer to the bed and sinking gratefully into it. He grabbed Anselma's hand, laid his head on the bed, and allowed sleep to claim him.
°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°
Amora glared darkly at Loki before turning to bat her eyes at Thor. They both glowered at her. "What exactly were you hoping to accomplish?" Steve asked from where he leaned on the door of the cell containing the sorceress. "I would never stoop so low as to answer the question of a pathetic mortal." She snarled at him. Thor moved to stand in front of him protectively. "Answer him." he rumbled. Amora blinked at him in confusion before smiling coyly at him. "I saw you with that girl and I knew if I took her you would show up." She simpered. "Except you didn't. The mortal did." Thor's face darkened.

"You took my niece so I would go to you?" His voice was thick with anger. Loki was shaking with fury and it took all of his self control not to strike out at Amora. "Your... Your niece." Amora said dumbly. Her eyes widened once she finally understood what had just been said. "Your niece!" Thor just glared at her. "I am so sorry my love." She gushed at Thor. He angrily took a step forward before Steve's hand on his arm stopped him. Thor looked at him and his face softened. "She's not worth your anger Thor." Steve said eyes crinkling with worry. Thor smiled softly at him and brushed a hand along Steve's cheek briefly before turning his attention back to Amora. She was glaring daggers at Steve. "You foul mortal!" She screetched. "You've tainted our love!" Loki slipped out, knowing his brother had everything in control. He couldn't help smiling at Thor blatantly rubbing his relationship in Amora's face. It was the least she deserved. °°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°
Clint flitched as Natasha struck Skurge across the face. He whistled in appreciation as his cheek began to bruise instantly. "This is usually when I would start to feel sorry for whoever pissed the Black Widow off, but..." he said slowly. "You hurt one of our own." Skurge gulped fearfully at the dangerous glint in the assassin's eyes. Oh, he was screwed.
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Loki smiled softly as he entered Anselma's med room. She was curled on her side facing Tony and clinging to his hand. Tony was laying on the bed, half hanging off, one hand resting protectively on Anselma's head. They were both sleeping peacefully. Loki just stood and watched over his family for the rest of the night.