Odin and Tony

Tony woke to a nervous Loki. He frowned and carefully climbed out of bed. Searching the floor he found his boxers and tugged them on. Loki paced by him muttering to himself. Tony reached out and caught Loki's arm at his next turn. "Hey," he said, brows furrowed with concern. "What's wrong?" Loki pulled away and turned his back to Tony. "My father wishes to spend the day with you." He said stiffly, tense with concern. Tony froze. "What?" He grinned, trying to break the tension. "Afraid he's going to kill me and hide my body?" He joked. Loki tensed even further causing Tony to backtrack. "Hey I was kidding." He said hurriedly and turning Loki to face him. He cradled Loki's face and smiled softly at him. "Don't worry. I'm sure everything is going to be fine." Loki slowly relaxed and returned Tony's smile. He nodded. "Yes, of course." Loki agreed. Tony just hoped he was right because he'd really hate to be wrong.
*****************************
Tony met Odin outside the throne room. He was slightly relieved when Odin greeted him with a smile. "Good morn, Starkson." He said joyfully. Tony grinned back at him. "Good morning..." Odin seeing his hesitation chuckled. "Please call me Odin." Tony relaxed. "Only if you call me Tony." Odin nodded and gestured for Tony to follow him. "Today I wish to show you the palace." Odin said while walking slowly down one of the many hallways. Tony, curious as he was, hurried to follow a step behind.

The first place Odin showed him was the library. It was massive. Six of Tony's Malibu house could have fit easily inside it. The ceiling was so high it was barely visible. The room was filled with hundreds of shelves filled to the brim with books. The walls were covered with shelves too; the books there seemed to be the oldest. Ladders rested along each end of the shelves. Tony stared in awe at the room. He moved into the room in amazement. Turning in a circle he took it all in. "Wow." He whispered. Odin chuckled and clapped him on the back. "This is Loki's favorite place to be." He said. Tony smiled at that. "Yeah, he loves to read. He loses track of time when he finds a book that holds his interest." Odin smiled as Tony's gaze grew disant, thinking of Loki during those times. "Yes," Odin murmured. "He can." Tony shook his head and turned back to Odin, who was watching him. "Come. I have something I wish to show you." Tony followed Odin without question. They moved deeper and lower for a long while.

Tony was beginning to grow tired when Odin finally stopped in front of a door. Two guards stood before it. They bowed Odin and Tony into the room. Tony was looking back at them so he failed to see where they were at first. He turned and froze at what he saw. The room was filled with an sortment of weapons. They ranged in size and shape. Tony had a feeling they weren't made by Asgardians. Odin confirmed his theory.

"Centuries ago a different All father waged war against the other realms." He said, walking between the tables, laden with their loads. "Every realm he conquered he took a trophy. All that you see here before you is every trophy every All father has won." Tony looked around with a new view. He frowned at an odd looking casket at the end of the room. Slowly he made his way towards it. "Ah," Odin said, noticing what had captured Tony's attention. "I won that when I defeated the Frost Giants of Jotunheim." Tony tensed at that. "So this was your trophy?" He asked turning to meet Odin's eyes. "Not Loki?" Odin glowered at him with fury. "Loki is my son, not some stolen relic!" He boomed. "He will always be my son. He is not an object to cherish. He is a boy I care deeply for. As much as I care for Thor." Tony didn't even flinch. "I'm sorry if I offended you." He said with a shrug. "But I care about Loki and I don't want to see him get hurt. Especially by someone he cares about." Odin was silent for a long moment. "I understand." He finally said. Tony nodded at him. "Good." Odin laughed. "Oh you'll be good for him." He said, walking out the room still chuckling. "You'll be good for him." He repeated. Tony followed, confused, and feeling as if he had somehow passed a test he didn't even realize he was taking. At least Odin hadn't tried to kill him yet. So in Tony's book, everything was going well. He hoped Anselma was okay and having fun...