Rescue

Hours later, Anselma was drawing in shuddering breaths, trying to fight the pain wracking her body. Blood poured from the wounds littering her face, neck, and arms; the stab wounds along her torso screamed with agony. She glared up at Amora who was frowning down at her.

She struck forward suddenly, a crackle of lightning jolting through her wounds. Anselma gasped with pain. "I" Amora snarled. "Will. Make. You. Scream." With every word she increased the power behind the bolts.

Anselma was straining against her bindings, trying to get away from the torment her body was going through. It felt as if fire was flowing through her veins, discovering new levels of heat every passing second. Every intake of breath felt like a thousand razor blades were being shoved down her throat. She was losing her resolve. She held out as long as she could but the pain was getting to her. When Amora added the extra burn of magic she groaned. She let her body sag and her head hang low. Amora bent to sneer at her and Anselma jerked her head up. A snap rang through the room as Amora's nose broke. She roared in fury. She gripped Anselma by her throat and poured her magic out in waves. Anslema writhed at the onslaught. Amora bared her teeth at her.

Anselma screamed so loudly Amora nearly jumped in shock. Just as a smug smirk crossed her face the door was blasted down. Amora was left staring into the face of a very pissed off Tony Stark.