Frigga and Anselma

After a lot of fast talking Anselma got the servants to leave her alone to bathe in peace. She climbed out, dried off, and dressed before leaving the wash room. She paused outside the doorway realizing she had no idea where to go. Turning on the spot she picked a direction and began walking. Fifteen minutes later she found a set of stairs. Hurrying down them she ran smack into a guard. "Oh sh- I'm so sorry." She said reaching out to steady him. He looked at her, eyes wide with shock. He averted his eyes and bowed low, avoiding looking in her direction. "It is I who is sorry my Princess." He said to the floor. Anselma shifted uncomfortably. "It's alright." She said. "No harm, no foul right?" The guard straightened staring at a spot behind Anselma's shoulder. "May I help you in any way Princess Asta?" Anselma frowned. "I'm a bit lost." She admitted, ignoring his strange behaviour. "I'm looking for my Uncle Thor." The guard nodded and spoke. "I can show you to where Prince Thor currently is if you wish Princess." He offered. Anselma gestured for him to go in front of her but he hesitated. "I would prefer to stay behind you in case of an attack; I will be able to defend you better." Anselma grimaced at that. "What's your name?" She asked as he gestured for her to go to the left. "My name is Charles." Anselma glanced over her shoulder at him. "That doesn't sound like an Asgardain name." She commented lightly. Charles smiled at her, telling her he wasn't upset at her assumption. "My mother is Midgardian." He said. Anselma nodded in understanding. "Have you ever been to Midgard?" She asked, slowing her steps to subtlety allow Charles to catch up to her. He shot her an amused look, catching what she had done. She shrugged unapologetically. "Once when I was a child to visit my mother." He answered. Anselma pondered that for a moment. "Will you ever go back?" She asked curiously as they headed outside towards what looked to be a training arena. "I would love to but my duty of protecting the royal family does not allow it." Anselma stopped walking and turned to face him. She studied him for a moment. A glint entered her eyes. With a bounce in her step she began walking again. Charles dutifully followed after her, worried about what she was planning. Moments later Anselma walked through the archway to enter the arena. Thor was sparring with four people. Anselma leaned against a wall and watched, not wanting to interrupt him. Charles hovered by her for a while before she got annoyed with him. She sent him back to the palace, placating his worries by stating she couldn't possibly be safer than she was with Thor with her. He left, grumbling under his breath about 'clueless royals' and how she could 'find trouble without even trying' if she was 'anything like her father'. Anselma chuckled quietly at that and turned to watch Thor and his friends again.

"He is an amazing warrior is he not?" A voice asked from her right. Anselma almost jumped in surprise. Turning she saw Frigga standing next to her. The Queen was watching her son with a fond smile. "Yes he is." They watched the fight in silence for a few moments. Frigga faced Anselma and put a hand on her arm. "I would like to show you something." She said quietly. Anselma allowed her to lead her away from the training Asgardians. They made the trip in comfortable silence. Anselma's lips twitched slightly when she spotted Charles in her peripheral vision. It took them half an hour to reach their destination. It was a large field, covered with all kinds of flowers. It was breathtaking as the colors flowed beautifully with the wind. Anselma was in awe at the view. Frigga just smiled at her granddaughter's reaction. "Beautiful." Anselma breathed. Frigga laughed. "I could not agree more." They shared a grin before moving forward between the slowly swaying flowers. Frigga led her to a small clearing in the middle of the field. She paused at the edge and smiled sadly at it. Anselma shot her a confused look. "Years ago my mother planted dozens of rare flowers here. She never got to see them bloom. No one has." Anselma bit her lip and grabbed Frigga's hand in comfort. With an encouraging smile, Anselma slowly walked into the clearing. Instantly, dozens of stunning flowers sprang from the ground and stretched towards Anselma as if wanting to touch her. A soft hum filled the air, echoing sweetly in their ears. Anselma spun around laughing in surprise. The flowers were the most beautiful thing she had every seen. They shone different colors depending on how the sun hit them. The petals seemed to ripple as if made of water. Anselma leaned down to touch one gently with her fingertip. It felt as if a gentle breeze caressed her finger and she beamed as the flower seemed to glow at her touch.

Looking up she saw Frigga staring at her in awe. "What's wrong?" Anselma asked moving to Frigga's side. The moment she left the flowers seemed to whine at her loss and shrank, almost disappearing back into the ground. "I thought you said they wouldn't bloom." Anselma said to the still stunned Queen. Frigga jerked out of her thoughts. "I said they have never bloomed before not that they could not." Anselma had to give her that. "So why did they bloom now?" She asked curiously. Frigga, still staring at her, answered slowly. "They are called noumenon's. They only bloom for those they deem pure of heart and soul. They are considered rare because they only bloom once and each flower only produces one seed. You are the first these flowers have chosen. It is a great honor." Anselma's brows furrowed in confusion. "But why would they bloom for me and not you? I can't be the only 'pure of heart and soul' out there. Why choose me?" Frigga just smiled at her. "Only they know the reason. They wait their whole lifetime for the right being. It is said to be a blessing. You will have a happy life Asta. This is a gift. I am happy to have witnessed it." With that Frigga turned and began walking back to the palace. Anselma stood there for a moment before crouching to collect one seed and slipped it into her pocket. Then she strode towards Charles, looped her arm through his, and dragged him after Frigga. She had a lot to discuss with her father. She only hoped he had the answers to all of her questions.