Cold Fury

Last time: "Anselma was almost raped." No one expected the reaction those words caused...

Dedicated to: Bryanime
***********************

A chill rippled down everyone's spines at the expression on Loki's face. He looked so angry that for a second John could swear his eyes were red. Until suddenly they were very much red. As the air cooled so that their breath was visible all eyes were trained on the angry god. His warm pale skin gave way for a deep icy blue with strange markings that covered almost every inch of visible skin. He breathed out slowly as ice leeched out of his fingertips and covered the entire apartment. No one moved a muscle, fear and awe rising within them. A scepter made of ice appeared in Loki's right hand, growing to stand taller than the frost giant runt. Everyone jumped as bolts of lightning crackled through the ice, not even cracking the thin layer. It was mesmerizing to watch. The anger of the two Norse gods merged and blended beautifully. One dark as night and the other as bright as a falling star. They came together to make a stunning gray that astounded the mortals watching.

Sebastian suddenly felt frightened. What if the gods wanted to handle the man themselves? What if they got angry that he had already killed him? He swallowed with slight fear.

"What pathetic mortal dared lay a hand my niece?" Thor's question would be menacing enough if he hadn't practically whispered it. For someone who usually shouted it was a startling change. Loki didn't say one word and that worried the Avengers even more. The Silver Tounge was rarely silent so when he was you knew nothing good was going to happen. Tony, as angry as he was (and believe him, he was pissed), was content to let the gods handle this. If they wanted to go out and string the fucker up by his thumbs and skin him alive, they could. Tony would stay behind and keep an eye on his little girl. "Where can I find this mortal?" Thor asked John. "Uh," John said uncertainly. "Well, he's already dead." Thor paused and processed this. "Who slayed the disgusting mortal?" He asked while studying everyone in the room. Sebastian pulled in a deep breath and took a step forward. "I did." He stated calmly. Both gods fixed their eyes on him. "Did he suffer?" Loki asked lowly. "No." Sebastian said. "I didn't want him to hurt Anselma any more." He rushed to explain at the dark fury covering Loki's face. Loki tilted his head in thought. "Was the mortal who hurt her this Charles Augustus Magnussen who took her?" John shook his head in answer. "It was a man who worked for him." Loki pursed his lips at that. "Where would I find this Magnussen?" He asked as Thor summoned his hammer. Thankfully the window was open so it didn't break when the hammer headed its masters call. "I can take you to him." Mycroft spoke up. John shot him a surprised look. "You're actually going to let him see Magnussen?" He asked in surprise. "Normally I wouldn't." Mycroft admitted while standing and buttoning his coat. "However," he picked up his ever present umbrella. "He hurt my family." John didn't like the cruel smile that crossed the government worker's face. Until he remembered the look on Anselma's face when they first found her. He nodded, his eyes darkening. "By all means," he said with no hint of the usual warmth in his voice. "Lead the way." Mycroft breezed by everyone and made his way down the steps. John, Jim and Sebastian followed. The Avengers shared a glance before moving themselves. Tony made his way to Sherlock's room to wait with Anselma. Bruce and Steve sat at a nearby table holding a chess set. Bruce began to teach Steve how to play. Clint and Natasha sat on the couch and began conversing in Russian. Only Loki and Thor followed Mycroft. It had been decided their anger would be enough. At least, the Avengers hoped so. If not they all would easily fix that. All of them were itching to get their hands on Magnussen. But for now, they were content to wait their turn.
***********************
Next time:
Loki grinned cruely down at the restrained mortal. "I am going to enjoy this very much." He purred. Magnussen suppressed a flinch. "Do try not to muffle your screams." Loki said while casually pulling out his favorite dagger. "I am sure they will be delicious."

Outside the locked room Thor smiled darkly at the pained screams echoing down the empty hall. He couldn't wait to have his turn...