The Search

The door creaked open three times a day at the exact same time. One bulky bodyguard, Jesse, would set a tray of food down on the bedside table while the other, Jaren, lurked outside the door and glowered at her. Those two were her favorite. The other two that weren't there that often disturbed her. The one that brought in the food, Victor, would look at her in a way that worried her. The other one, Isaac, looked too meek to do anything to stop him if he got a little too touchy. She figured it wouldn't be too much longer before he got cocky and tried to hurt her. She was actually a little bit frightened of him.

Just as she contemplated trying to escape, the door swung open. Victor walked in empty handed. The glint in his eyes sent a shiver of fear rippling down her spine. "What the hell do you want?" She hissed, trying to look unaffected. Isaac hovered by the door; he kept glancing worringly over his shoulders. "I don't know about this Victor..." He mumbled quietly. "Our orders are not to touch-" Victor cut him off with a harsh laugh. "Well, I'm tired of our orders." He said gruffly. "If I want to touch I will. Just shut up and guard the door." Anselma sent Isaac a pleading look just before Victor slammed the door in his face. He took a step forward causing Anselma to stumble back. Smirking he reached out to grab her. Anselma jerked away and moved to the other side of the bed. "Don't touch me." She snarled. Victor chuckled and calmly stood onto the bed and moved towards her. Anselma hurried around and tried to get to the door. With a leap, Victor tackled her to the ground. "Get off me!" Anselma yelled and tried to buck him off her. Victor chuckled and held her tighter. "Calm down beautiful." He whispered in her ear. "I'll be gentle." Before she could respond he loosened his grip just enough to flip her onto her back. He held her wrists in one hand while the other reached down. "Get off me!" Victor ignored her and began unbuckling his pants. Anselma tried to fight off the terror surging through her. With a rough tug Victor ripped her shirt apart, her bra the only thing standing in his way. Grinning at her he ripped her pants open, the button flying off. She knew exactly what Victor wanted from her and she knew only she could get herself out of this. Determination filled her and with a burst of strength she ripped her right arm out of his hold and struck him across his face as hard as she could. Shocked by the blow Victor let her go. As she scrambled to get to her feet he growled in fury and grabbed her by her legs. Kicking and screaming Anselma was thrown onto the bed. Victor quickly grabbed his belt and used it to bind her wrists to the headboard. Anselma tugged viciously at the belt, the leather biting into her skin. A small trickle of blood slid down her arms. Victor glared at her darkly. "Now," he said, anger shining brightly in his brown eyes. "I'm not going to go easy on you." Gently, he caressed her face. In an act of defiance Anselma turned and sunk her teeth deeply into his wrist. Victor howled in pain and lashed out. He slapped Anselma right across the face and growled at her. Raising his hand again Anselma closed her eyes. She missed the red dot appearing on Victor's forehead. But she didn't miss the loud gunshot that echoed in her ears. Or the sudden warmth of blood splattering onto her. Opening her eyes she hissed as Victor's body slumped on top of her. Looking around she saw a hole in the window behind the bed. It would have taken a really good shot to have killed Victor. The best really. Almost as if it was...
"Sebastian." Anselma whispered to herself.