Chapter 15: A helping hand or intentionally planned?

It is said that helping anyone with an intention is not considered as help. But was the case same with Eliza? When Anirudh was having a hard time to manage the responsibility of both boys and girls that was when out of nowhere a British lady in her early twenties came forward to give her helping hand to the Indians.

"Aap toh khud ek angrez hai, aap kyu humari madad karengi?" asked Thakuma. "hum kaise bharosa karle aap pe ki aap unn Fernsby team saath mili nahi ho" asked Somnath and like this, except Anirudh, everyone started to bombard her with similar questions without even waiting for a moment for her reply. But even she stood there smiling without taking any efforts to reply by cutting them in between, infact she was silently listening to all the questions. This didn't went unnoticed by Anirudh who was busy studying her face suspiciously trying to analyze her intentions. He saw a positive aura on her face, her smile portraying kindness and her eyes filled with sincerity. Her expressions showed no sign of any hesitation or apprehensions of any out-turn.

Being a Barrister, he had apparently developed this valuable skill of reading people through their expressions. Though it was confirmed by her face that she was actually here to help them without any malicious intent, yet Anirudh being their Barrister Babu, decided to test her.

His trance broke when she finally spoke up "Main yaha sirf aaplogo ki madad karne aayi hu. Agar milkar kaam kare toh, aasani hogi." Although being an English woman, her hindi vocabularies were devoid of any accent unlike other Britishers when they speak the language. This time Anirudh came in front of her wearing back his specs and spoke up "Toh aap humari madad karna chahti hai. Umm...Eliza, right?" "Yes, Eliza Smith." she replied. "Humari madad karke aapka kya fayda hoga? If you aren't aware about this let me tell you, hum Britishers ke against hi compete karne wale hai aur..." "Main sab kuch jaanti hu Barrister Roy Choudhary. Main ye bhi jaanti hu ki iss jeet se ladkiyon ka future bhi juda hai." Eliza said interrupting him. Slowly her smile vanished and balling her fist she uttered "Rahi baat fayde ki, toh haa hai isme mera fayda, hai mera ek maksad."

Anirudh smirked as his thought about her was finally proven wrong. After all why would she help Indians without any reason. But soon that perspective changed when she spoke up "jis tarah aaplog Britishers se jeetna chahte hai, waise hi main bhi... main bhi unn Fernsbys ko haara hua dekhna chahti hu."

It was 11 at night

It was 11 at night. All the memebers including Jacob, Grayson (who was asked to stay back for their business) and the servants were slept by then making entire Fernsby mansion engulfed in darkness except the temporarily made classroom which was although by now empty but Bondita was sitting therr on the desk where the table lamp was lit. The accommodation for the girls was made at the mansion itself till the competition.

Phillips entered inside the room where he saw that she was working on the typewriter, probably preparing the notes from the Encyclopedia to make the learning easy for them. "How's everything going?" He asked sitting in front of her. "Well amazing. Bas ye notes prepare kar rahi thi. Tum soye nahi abhi tak? It's already late." She said looking up from her work. "Tum bhi toh nahi soyi abhi tak." He said to which she frowned and said "You know my problem right, that I have Circadi..." she was interrupted by a knock on the large window of the room. They both doubtedly looked at each other thinking that who must be here at this late hour that too from the window.

Opening the window a tall figure wrapped in a black shawl jumped inside which shocked them for a moment until he removed the cloth from his face revealing his identity. It was Chandrachur who came there to give the updates about the Indian team as he was appointed by Phillips and Bondita to be a spy for them. "Tum? Iss waqt?" Asked Bondita. "Wo ek zaroori baat batani thi." Chandrachur said.

Sitting back on her desk, she gestured him to sit and asked rolling the brass paper weight "kya khabar hai?" "Ji wo mukable ke liye Anirudh ki madad karne ke liye ek Angrezi mahila aayi hai" Bondita stopped rolling the paperweight and looked up at him as Chandrachur said this and continued "aur kal se ladkiyon ko wahi padhane wali hai." Bondita and Phillips looked at each other without any expression. The phone which was kept in the hall started to ring and Phillips left the room to receive the call. Leaving both of them alone.

Bondita stood up and said "Tum kaam acha kar rahe ho. Apne khud ke maksad ke khaatir hi sahi, humari madad kar rahe ho. Isi tarah poori shiddat se hamara saath doge toh tumhare business establishment ke baare mein bhi main jald hi Jacob uncle se baat karungi. Par filal kal unke khilaaf hume kya karna hai ab wo suno. Ab wo akeke nahi hai. Ab unki madad karne ke liye koi hai, jiss wajah se unki jeetne ke chances shaayad badh jaayenge." "Mujhe kya karna hoga?" Asked Chandrachur while she moved out of the desk.

While telling him about their plan, she placed her hand on his shoulder in a cue. He raised his head towards her as soon as she touched him. She stopped speaking as she noticed his gaze lingering on her. He gently held her hand from his shoulder, stood up from the chair and pulled her close to him, due to which her hand landed on his chest. She looked away blushing by his gaze and their position, but he held her chin to face him. Their faces were just inches away.

"Ekdum chaand si khoobsurat ho tum Bondita..." he said running his index finger from her head to chin and continued "nahi nahi, meri Bondita. Chandrachur ki Bondita." She looked up and uttered "Chandrachur" to which hummed in reply.

"Chandrachur!"

He jerked all of a sudden as came out of his dream world when she called him a bit aloud.

"Kaha kho gaye? Kal kya karna hai samajh gaye na?" to which he nodded in a yes although he actually didn't hear anything properly as he was busy fantasizing her.

"Main chalta hu." Saying this he went towards the window from where he entered while Bondita got back to her work. Before jumping outside, he turned to catch her final sight. "Aaj sapne mein thi, lekin asal zindagi mein jald hi tum meri hogi. Tumhari madad karne ka mera dusra maksad, yahi toh hai." Thinking this with a smirk on his face, he exited.

__________________________

So here's the next chapter! And the part of first glimpses from the promo😜

Turn the star orange and comment down below your views.

Love,
Ammy💜