Chapter 32: Unpredictable Tales and Victor!- Part 2

After they saw Bondita leaving the Fernsby mansion along with the driver, one of the servant came to Phillips informing him about a phone call for him from Calcutta. Jacob who was already already near the phone tried picked up the call which was kept on hold. But before he could speak, Phillips snatched the phone and started talking, not before giving an angry glare to his father.

"Hello... Yes... Really!?... Yes yes please... I'll send a servant... Thank you... Thank you so much Sam!"

Jacob who was still present there trying to overhear his conversation looked at him confusingly seeing him quite elated. As if he had been waiting for something or someone.

Phillips looked at the receiver and uttered with a smile "Come fast champ! Hopefully, she will be really happy or atleast, you can get back that smile on her face." "Who's call was it?" Jacob asked with an authoritative tone. Hearing him, his hold around the receiver the receiver automatically tightened but still maintained a calm tone and said "Well that's none of your concern."

Jacob could sense the coldness in his voice and said "You can't talk to me like that! I'm your father and I have the right..." "No!" Phillips intruppted in between and continued "You don't. I have agreed to stay with you that doesn't mean you owe any rights towards me." It was almost  a whisper by the end of statement.

This sudden change in the behavior of the father-son was quite unpredictable for the workers and staffs present there in the hall. They never saw them getting angry let alone raising their voices. Phillips was almost to burst out when he suddenly lowered as he realized others presence. He couldn't spoil the decorum of the area where most of the meetings and official works takes place. Atleast for now.

"Don't forget. I was the one who instantly accepted that Indian wife of yours. Despite knowing all her backstories. Others would not have even accepted her as a servent but here, I've accepted her as a member of this family. Officer Jacob Fernsby's son's wife..." "For your own benifit." Phillips snapped gritting his teeth still maintaining a low voice. "She is the one who always gets all the works done for you. Be it cracking a business deal with Mr. Grayson or convincing the board members by the power of her words."

Jacob glared at his son not before looking around his surrounding to make sure nobody hearing their heated conversation. Phillips went near the desk and started to write something on notepad continuing his conversation "You always had adequate resources to advance any mission and earlier you had that brat, that elder son of yours. And now you have my wife, even better than your son. Preparing and maintaining agendas and minutes for monthly Board and Committee meetings and what not. You just have to sit there and get the works done by her. And the benefits will be received by whom? Officer-Jacob-Fernsby." He sarcastically highlighted his name individually.

"Talking about her, she is from an affluent background, belonging from a family of the well known physician of her area, beautiful and presentable and on top of that, she is a gold medalist Barrister. So why would haven't accepted her? Perhaps rather than my wife, you've got a best manager for yourself." Phillips completed the statement looking up from the notepad.

"In her presence you talk to me very nicely and now in her absence? You're showing your true colours." "So that she won't get to see your true colours Mr. Fernsby! My wife should never know who the hell you are in real." Phillips snapped gritting his teeth.

He dettatched the page from the notepad and handed it to one of the servent instructing him something. After the servent left, Jacob stormed towards him and pulled him out of the hall as it wasn't creating a good impression in front of the workers of him knowing his personal and family matters. He had to maintain that professional charishma in front of outsiders.