Chapter 35: The lack of rays

London
11 months ago

The cool early morning of her last day in London was glorified by grey rose hue spread across the sky. But something was missing.

The morning sun rays.

There is fog around. Sometimes the fog is so dense that the sun rays cannot reach the earth through it.

The suitcase was kept packed on the bed for the next day's departure. The hot coffee was kept there untouched as usual which was just meant to inhale its aroma and revoke his presence in her heart.

It was indeed a special day. She sat there in front of mirror in her emerald green saree getting ready for a mission. A mission of uniting the two love birds.

And ofcourse, the day for which she had stayed away from her dear ones for past 8 years. The day when she will be officially be tagged as Barrister Babu Bondita. Yes, it was her convocation ceremony in few hours where she will be awarded with her Barrister degree and robe. Their dream which they had seen years ago, for which they made several sacrifices, it's time to get fulfilled.

The radio was on, giving the news of the entire world but her ear was just waiting to hear the news of her own motherland. That's when it popped up on the radio

"REDS BOMB INDIAN LEGISLATURE."

The headline was heard followed by its news.

"A blast at the Governor General meeting which was held at Dalhousie square of streetwise Kolkata casuses 2 death including the Governor, Sir George Simon and injured many. Sir John Schuster, the financial manager of Governor General's executive cabinet escaped unhurt.

The gang of youth revolutionaries were to be caught who had disguised themselves as the staffs and employees among the committee. One of them were caught but before he could reveal the truth about the others, he shot himself to death.

One who was identified as Yusaf along with 2 others was successfully caught in an injured state and leader of the gang who successfully rescued from the spot and unable to identify the person, the name was revealed by one of the caught fellow mates, their leader was yet again, Ahaana Aas."

With this, Bondita switched off the radio with a bright smile on her. As she did that, a thin ray of sun started hitting the cold room giving some warmth. "Vande Mataram" she uttered closing her eyelids.

"Phirse Ahaana Aas? Kon hai ye? Jisne mere alawa Bondita ke chehre pe aisi muskaan laayi?" Opening her eyes she looked up to the mirror and saw him in the reflection. There he appeared, yet again.

"Kyu Sakha Babu, aapko jalan ho rahi hai? Ki aapke alawa bhi koi mujhe khush karne laga... I mean lagi hai?" She teased him but as usual there was no tinch of jealousy which made her frown.

"Wo sab choro, ye batao, tum jaanti ho iss Ahaana Aas ko? Jab bhi iske naam radio pe sunti ho toh muskurahat cha jaati hai." He asked with his usual charming smile.

"Na jaane kon hai ye, par inke itne saare saahsi kissey sune hai na, jab bhi ye naam sunti hu, ek nayi ummeed jag jaati hai, ki humara desh, aise logo ke wajah se roz ek kadam, ek azaad Bhaarat ki taraf uthta hai." She said wearing a white pearl earring.

"Ab jis kaam se main aaj jaa rahi hu, uske liye Ahaana Aas ji se phir himmat mil gayi mujhe." She said picking up her sling bag.

"Acha? Aisa kya karne wali ho?" He asked.

She looked at him with a mischievous smile and replied "Shaadi."