M | ▬ ▬

After Doctor Song left, Lisa was the one who helped her apply the medication.

Her movements were very gentle, cautious, and careful. Only, she didn't make a peep the entire time. Thus, Irene asked, "Unhappy?"

"응? No." Lisa quieted for a moment before saying, "Sorry......"

"It's not like I'm blaming you." Irene rubbed the soft hairs over the other's forehead. "It's truly because I wanted to try out of curiosity."

"응." Lisa finished applying the medication for her and lowly asked, "Does it feel a little bit better? Does it hurt? Does it itch?"

Irene purposefully teased her, "It's a bit itchy."

Lisa's expression turned panicked.

Thus, Irene added, "It'll get better if you kiss it."

Lisa's face flushed red. She didn't say anything, obediently lowering her head instead. She used her lips and, carefully avoiding the affected areas, touched the skin of Irene's chest. She brushed against it twice before lifting her gaze to sneak a glance at Irene's face. Then, she lowered her gaze once more and used the tip of her tongue to delicately lick at the skin.

Like a kitten drinking milk.

A flame became lit in Irene's heart. She immediately pulled the other up. "Don't tease me. Neither of us are suitable right now."

"Oh." Lisa obediently halted. She held onto Irene's neck and stopped moving.

She didn't actually look any different.

But Irene still felt like the other was in a bad mood. "I told you it's not your fault. Don't take it to heart."

"응."

"Seems like that's not the reason."

Lisa usually only shared her positive emotions and hid her negative ones. She refused to talk about her problems when she had them. Irene wrapped her arms around the other and casually guessed, "Then you're jealous?"

Lisa quivered almost imperceptibly in her arms. She hurriedly said, "Not at all."

Irene's heart suddenly started beating faster. She flipped over abruptly and pressed Lisa into the sofa. "You're really jealous?"

Lisa panicked. While avoiding Irene's gaze, she consecutively said no several times. Irene held onto the other's chin and turned her face back, then lifted her face up. "You really weren't? Hmm?"

Lisa kept her eyes lowered. She didn't dare to make eye contact with Irene. Upon hearing this question, she peeked up from under her eyelashes at Irene. After realizing that there was amusement painted on the other's face and no dissatisfaction at all, she finally swallowed and carefully asked.

"I'm allowed to be jealous?"

Irene froze.

She sighed softly, "Oh, you......How many years has it been since I've come back? Aside from you, who else has been by my side? Even if you're not the empress, you're at least a devil consort capable of ruining the country. Why can't you get jealous? Be bold and get jealous all you want. You're in the right in being jealous."

Lisa started laughing because of her words. "Where did you learn these things?"

"Mwo?"

Lisa couldn't stop laughing. "They don't sound like things you would say..."