I | ●●

This time, Lisa was completely lost.

Her eyes were wide open. Her lips, which were red because of the hot bath, were slightly parted. For the longest time, she couldn't say a word.

After all, prior to this, even if someone had given Lisa a hundred times the courage she currently possessed, she still wouldn't have dared to dream that one day, Irene would actually......

Too much shock and ecstasy seemed to have completely caused her nervous system to collapse. Her heart was beating too fast. Her breathing was rushed, but she still felt like she wasn't getting enough oxygen. Her entire person felt dizzy. She could only grab onto Irene's arm in a daze.

Even though Irene had seen quite a lot of things in her lifetime, she was still scared by this reaction. She immediately picked the other up and patted her back to help her catch her breath.

"Lisa? Lisa-ya? Don't be scared......It's okay even if you don't like me. It's not like I'll do anything to you...... You just need to stop thinking unfounded thoughts by yourself and stop struggling back and forth. You can leave the rest to me. We'll take things one step at a time, okay?"

Lisa opened her mouth to speak, but couldn't do so because of her teary hiccuping.

Her face was completely red because of how agitated she was.

A long time later, she finally managed to say, "That's not it."

Just as she was about to continue speaking, she started coughing once more because she had choked while hiccuping.

[Readers, forgive me for what i have sinned 😷]

"What's not it?" Irene asked. She patiently patted the other while saying, "Don't be nervous. Speak slowly."

Lisa forcefully grabbed onto the other's shoulders and refused to let go. After inhaling deeply, she finally said, "I don't like you a little bit."

"Is that so......" Irene awkwardly raised an eyebrow. She sighed softly. "Huft, I could largely guess that this was the case too, but......"

"That's not it!" Upon noticing Irene's reaction, Lisa finally realized that in her confusion, she had said the wrong thing. She hurriedly jumped into Irene's embrace and tightened her arms around the other's neck. "I like you, but not a little bit. I like you a lot. I like you the most!"

She had practically shouted this. Her voice cracked and it was obvious to tell that she had been crying.

She was right next to Irene's ear. Irene's ear started ringing because of the volume. Irene hadn't expected for Lisa to be so brave. She froze too.