13

You know the one thing that I have ever wanted to do with all my heart? Like really, really wanted to do? So bad that I was on the verge of going insane?

Running my fingers through your hair. 

I loved your hair. I love your hair. Your long, long hair that falls to your mid-thighs even after your brother braids them. I love how soft and silky they look, how nice they smell, and how intricately they are braided. If that is the last thing I could ever do, I would still want to run my fingers through them.

But today, Seiji? I enter the class and the first thing I notice is that your hair is gone. Like really gone. And not in the sense that you shaved all of it, no. But compare mid-thigh length hair to barely-touching-your-shoulder length hair. That's as good as gone. 

I was resenting you the whole day, really. For cutting your hair. It's not that you didn't look good with shorter hair or not even that it didn't frame your face perfectly because it really did. You looked too cute, to be honest. 

But you cut your hair! Without a warning, nothing. We come to school and bam! Seiji's hair is gone!

Fast forward a few hours more and you finally snap at your best friend. The biggest mystery, why Seiji cut her hair, is finally solved. 

And trust me Seiji that was the moment I knew I loved you.

Apparently, when you were visiting a relative in the hospital, you saw this little girl who complimented your hair. You learnt that she had Leukemia and due to chemo all her hair had fallen.

You donated all your hair so that they could be made into wigs for cancer patients. You donated your hair for basically strangers, for people who will never know about your sacrifice, so selflessly. 

I love you for that.

I know I have liked you for long. And everyone thought that it's just a phase and pass away, it's just a silly crush. But it was so much more than that and my heart knew it a lot before my head seemed to take the hint. And here I am confessing my love for you in a piece of paper that you will never see.

I love you, Jung Seiji.