36

"Do you love me?"

"Huh? W—"

He was cut off by Seiji pulling him by his collar and pressing her lips against his.

Seiji didn't dare open her eyes as she let go of him. She could hear his pants as he tried to calm his heart. 

Jin stared at her for just a moment, noticing how she didn't dare open her eyes. 

In two long strides, he pushed her against the wall in a swift movement, holding her close enough. Seiji finally opened her eyes, gasping at the sudden action and looking at him with large, doe eyes.

"I have no idea how you came to know it, but I absolutely adore you," He spoke, staring straight into her eyes. 

With that, he kissed her. 

Seiji felt herself relaxing as Jin rubbed her nape, angling her so that he could have a better access. She wrapped her left arm around his neck, combing her fingers in his hair. She let her right palm fall on top of his racing heart, feeling his frantic heartbeat at pace with her own.

Jin pulled back, joining their foreheads. 

"Y-you do love me," She whispered, the sound barely audible.

"I do love you," He smiled, causing the girl to smile back. She hugged him, hiding his face in the crook of his neck. He simply held her, letting the feeling of having her in his arms seep in.

"Why didn't you tell me?" She said without moving from their position. "Did you ever plan on telling me?"

Jin was silent for a second. "I did. But not so soon. I was planning to become good friends before asking you out."

"If it weren't for this piece of shit, I wouldn't be here now," Seiji grumbled.

"What piece of shit?" He chuckled. Seiji stepped back, looking around the floor where she dropped the notebook earlier.

"This," She waved it in front of him. "You dropped it few days back, and as luck would have it, I found it."

The item was too familiar to Jin. He stared at it with a small frown on his lips and a look of horror in his eyes. 

"I was looking for it... I had no idea I dropped it somewhere." He looked up hesitantly, taking the notebook from her hands. "You read...?"

"All of it... yes."

"...I am sorry. I never thought you would read this someday, and I understand if you are creeped out or are mad..."

Seiji stared at him in disbelief. She just kissed him... did he really think she was weirded out after that? 

"I am mad, alright."

"I know, and I am sor—"

"But not because of what you are thinking."

Jin looked at her, confused.

"I am mad because," She took in a deep breath. "What the hell Kim Seokjin? How long was it gonna take you to finally confess? You didn't do that in school; tell me did you really expect life to give you a second chance? And you have been liking me non-stop from the past decade or so and you still weren't ready?"

He was taken aback at the accusation, even though he knew she was telling the mere truth. 

"On my defense, I actually tried tracking you on SNS but you are nowhere! And guess what? I was busy trying to create a better me who deserved you, not the high-school Seokjin who couldn't solve a mere problem of calculus!"

Seiji looked at his pout. "Oh boy, you are too cute for me to stay mad at for long." She wrapped her arms around him again. 

He fought off the proud smile, hugging her back. "Am I forgiven?"

"Make it up to me first," She replied. 

Jin thought for a moment, his eyes lighting up at the prospects of his plan. "Patbingsu?"

"Hell yeah! I love you for this!"

He chuckled taking out his car keys, not knowing Seiji was absolutely honest with her final words.