31

"How did you come to be a doctor?" 

Jin pondered over the question for a moment. "I used to get hurt a lot when I was young. So my mom always used to carry plasters around. I used to think they were magic bands that could heal anything. I wanted to do such magic back then, and now I am here."

Seiji laughed politely. "That's actually inspiring."

"What about you?"

"I was motivated by medical dramas, I used to watch them a lot when I was younger." 

Jin narrowed his eyes at her. 

"And I may or may not have had enough grades to enroll into a medical school without any problems."

"I used to have not so good grades during my high school but I had some people helping me. I actually got a few scholarships due to my paintings, and that somehow opened a few doors."

"You paint?" Seiji asked.

"In the past tense, actually. I haven't done any work of art since very long," Jin answered humbly.

"But still you did! I feel like I spent the whole of my teenage years only studying."

"Yeah?"

She hummed. "Maybe that's why I want to live my life to the fullest before anything happens."

"In for the adrenaline rush then?"

"Not exactly... No. But there are somethings which I would never do, stuff where I draw the line."

"Morals," Jin chuckled. Right then, the door bell rang.

"Are you expecting someone?" Seiji asked.

"...I don't think so?" Before he could get to the door, it cracked open with quite a familiar voice yelling for the said male.

"Joon?" 

"I br—" He stopped midway and stared at the girl who was staring back at him. "Dr. Jung?"

"Namjoon-ssi, what a surprise," She smiled.

"You two know each other?" Jin asked him.

"That's not surprising considering we do work at the same hospital. How do you two know each other?" Namjoon asked back.

"Remember the doc I was talking about? With whom I did that complex surgery? She's the one."

"How are you guys related?" Seiji asked.

"Brother," Jin answered. "Speaking of which, where is Hana?"

"Talking to Spike," Namjoon replied getting comfortable on the couch.

"You have a pet?"

"Spike is actually my cactus. Hana gifted it to me when I shifted here."

"And Hana is?" Seiji heard a clapping sound following her words. She looked at the source only to find a beautiful girl waving at her. Her smile seemed to light up the room and made Seiji smile and wave back at her in reflex.

"Hana is my wife," Namjoon said and introduced Seiji to her. "This is Dr. Jung. A colleague from work and apparently, hyung's acquaintance." 

Seiji gave a look of astonishment to Namjoon at the words. She never took him to be a married man but... looks could be deceiving and assumptions may not always be right.

She watched as Hana signed something to Namjoon and then pointed to her. Namjoon chuckled. "She says it's nice to meet you." 

Seiji raised her brows at the two males. "Hana is mute."

"Oh! Oh, sorry," She bowed politely. Hana shook her head and signed back again.

"She says you didn't know. It's okay." Namjoon shut his phone off and stood.

"I actually came to drop these off," He pointed to the plastic bags on the coffee table. "We ordered more than we could eat and brought them for you. I didn't know Dr. Jung would be here or else I would have brought some more."

"We are off of work Namjoon-ssi, please call me by my name," Seiji said. "And I would be going soon, so it's fine."

"Actually, I don't think I can eat all of this alone... Why don't you stay?" Jin offered.

Before she could answer, Hana interrupted by signing something to the men. Namjoon started laughing along with his wife, who was wiggling her brows, as Jin grew flustered by the second. 

"No," He growled lowly pushing the couple out of the door. "And I'll kill you for this."

He shut the door and turned back to Seiji with a nervous smile. "Never mind those two. Let's eat!"

Seiji couldn't deny.