16

She stared at the notebook. Hands itching to just grab it and continue reading further but mind warning her not to. Seiji finally gave in and grabbed the book, disregarding the fact that her instinct was screaming at her not to read further. 

She opened the notebook to the page where she last stopped and taking a breath to calm her nerves, flipped to the next page.

I heard you can't cook? Like absolutely can't? I can cook for you whenever you want. I am told that my dishes taste divine. When are you trying? 

You have never had patbingsu? Seriously, Seiji? The first thing I am doing if we ever date is to feed you some patbingsu. Seriously girl, how do you call yourself a native Korean if you have never tried patbingsu?

Okay. But this is not okay. You sing. And play a damn guitar. What next? You giving the President a run for his money? Is there even anything that you can't do? Oh yeah, you can't cook.

Seiji laughed automatically. There was this one time when they had gone for a trip to Jeju few days before the finals. They were sitting around a bonfire and someone produced a guitar. She was in fact quite popular among her friends for her voice. Of course a lot of people didn't know that she could play the guitar but it was well known that she could sing really well.

She re-read the entry.

You sing. And play a damn guitar.

As if the person didn't know that she could sing. The person didn't know that she could sing. Which meant only one thing. 

The person was a transfer student.