Revival | Erik Killmonger

A/N: If you have a story in mind, don't be afraid to request it. This one shot was requested by no one and if you all like it, I could write a part 2.

Summary: The Marvel villains are being brought back to life by an unknown power, Erik Killmonger and the reader being one of them.

Timeline: After Avengers Endgame.

Pairing: Revived!Erik x Fem!Villain!Reader

~~~

A bad headache snuck into Y/N's head as she pushed herself up from what looked like an aged and foldable army bed. Well, that was the first thing that came to mind once she laid eyes on her surroundings.... olive green foldable beds, stored goods and weapons covered in dust and an army colored tent-like roof: This was certainly a very old military base. Reluctantly she sat up and straightened her back, finding out that every small movement felt as if her skin was scraping her bones like sandpaper and that her muscles were stretched out painfully which made her shoulders slump and her body change into a vulnerable position.

"Feels bad, doesn't it?" A handsome dark skinned man with dreads combed to one side stepped out of the shadows and hit the fixed light switch with his fist. Cool weak light then glided over the dark area and the woman rubbed her eyes to get used to the lit up place, even though the light was dim and not harmful for the common eyes. "The pain will wear out the more you move." The man reassured her and closed the huge gap between them, leaning with his muscular body against a metal pole in front of her.

"Who.... who are you and where are we?" Her voice was hoarse, like heavy boots walking over gravel and crushing it, and her throat was dry because of the lack of any liquid.

"The name's Killmonger, Erik Killmonger." He eyed her up and down and then handed her the bottle filled with clean water that was resting in his hand. "And we're in the renovated Fort Tilden, close to New York-.... If ya could call this renovated." He scoffed, clearly not pleased about the place they were hiding at.

She had heard about him and what he had done and if Y/N had to be honest, she understood the goal he wished to achieve and even the violent choices he had decided to take to get there. There was just one little thing that was floating through her mind....

They both were supposed to be dead.

"I was dead." Y/N hands were shaking as she took a sip from the water that Erik had handed over to her. "Just like you."

"Yeah, 'bout that." Erik pulled out his phone from his back pocket, showing a news article that involved a lot of the Avengers' deceased enemies on live footage.

~~~

~Breaking News~

Known criminals from across all continents have been revived and sent to destroy our Earth. These criminals include: Ulysses Klaue, Ivan Vanko, Kaecilius, Darren Cross, Erik 'Killmonger' Stevens and many more dangerous individuals....

~~~

"It sounds bad, I know, but there is no time to start whining or complaining." The focused man let his phone glide into his pocket again and licked his lips before sucking his bottom lip between his teeth and letting it go again. "Now I better suggest we start moving before them cops or worse get to us. I rather not have my ass in jail or worse just yet."

Y/N nodded in understanding and forgot she hadn't told him her name yet.

"I'm Y/N by the way." She looked up at him and put down the bottle to offer him her hand.

"I know, saw a few past camera footages of you on the news when I was still wandering around alone. They started to theorise about who could be back...." He took her hand and after he shook it he pulled her up carefully. It didn't work though since the woman still groaned in pain and she felt like she could collapse any second if it wasn't for Erik hanging her left arm over his shoulders so he could support her. "Seems they got you and me and a lot of other fuckers right with guessing."

"You have any idea why we are alive again because it looks like you know more about this than you show."

"I actually do-.... some stronger villains state they got a mission, a new operation they have to follow because their master told them to. You and I and a lot of others simply didn't get that message or else you wouldn't be asking me all these questions." Erik supported the woman as they both started to exit the base. "We are the 'unknowing group' while those are the 'all-knowing group'. It almost makes me think we are nothing more than distractions for the big guys." He spoke the last part with doubt, saying it as if he was still theorizing about it himself.

"Weren't you not one of the big guys either?" She interrupted his thinking for a second and furrowed her brows at him.

"Weren't you too?" He raised his brow in a cocky way towards her and she nodded, knowing he had a point. "The thing is, we don't have those fancy ass little powers of theirs. The only thing we have is determination that we fed on and that kept us going."

"So if Klaue, Yellowjacket, Keacilius and many more are back.... plus us, and we're all distractions for the big guys to do the real job, then who really brought us back? Because that guy must be hella strong."

"I tried to do the math, but my brain stops at Thanos every time. He was the strongest titan in the universe, managed to wipe out half of humanity, but he also died at the hands of the Avengers so bringing us back is impossible." He swung open the huge doors of the military base and she immediately took in a deep breath, inhaling the fresh air that blew into her pale face. "Nobody has more powerful abilities than him to bring us all back."

"Unless it was someone from a whole other universe." Y/N mumbled to herself, gazing over the beautiful green forest.

"Damn, girl, you're smarter than I thought you would be." He gave her a slight smile that gave away his golden fangs and she smiled back. "Of course that could be possible, but why choose our universe when there are so many to choose from? It's not like our world is the best one of all of them."

"It isn't, that's why our world is chosen...." Erik tilted his head and sat Y/N down on a fallen tree trunk so he could hear her out properly and she could rest in the meantime. "We are chosen to fix our world, not destroy it...." She stopped for a second to watch him, hoping she wasn't saying anything too stupid.

"Go on, ya got my attention, ma." He gave her a nod.

"People believe we are bad, but if you look at both our former or still current intentions-...." She moved her pointing hand in a back and forwards motion to point at them both. "No, actually almost all of our criminal's intentions out there, we aren't as bad as we look. We are given a second chance by whoever it is to fight for our beliefs with a different motive so we could save this world from destruction and make it a better place~ to prove the heroes wrong."

"Those 'bigger' guys are given missions to see if they are capable of thinking the same way as we are doing right now and deny their master eventually-...."

"Because their intentions were wrong, but their powers could be of good use." She finished his sentence and he nodded in agreement which made Y/N smile widely. "So does this mean we are sticking together for further investigations?" She bit her bottom lip, eyes staring into his.

"That, and for many more reasons." He gave her a side smirk before offering her his hand. "Come on now, you rested enough. Let's keep moving."