Goddess Of Death | Hela Odinsdottir

A/N: This was requested by kloy344 on Tumblr. I really hope this is what you wanted, enjoy.

Summary: Hela's married partner learns about the death of their loved one and goes after the ones who were responsible, avenging hela's death at any cost.

Timeline: After Thor Ragnarok.

Pairing: Hela Odinsdottir x Married!Reader
Warnings: Blood, Violence, Death & Spoilers for Thor Ragnarok.

~~~

After a long mission you could finally return to Asgard, a beautiful place your wife had been raised and had managed to take over once again after her father captivated her, but your holographic map didn't seem to recognise the planet at all.

It was as if it had disappeared from your radar.

Nervously you continued to fly through space until you came across pieces of dead planet and undead yet now dead soldiers, your wife's soldiers. You had no idea what happened and it really started to frighten you, especially when you suddenly understood Asgard had been fully destroyed because of all the flying gold and damaged statues.

Desperately you began to scan the area, holding back the burning tears that bottled up in the corners of your eyes.

What if she had left this world, your world?

What if she had died too?

What if she was gone for good....

Your scanner suddenly began to make a quick beeping sound, a sound that normally casino machines would make if you had won something, but for you it wasn't such a victory.... the thing you 'won' was your dead wife. It hadn't really hit you until she was retrieved from the floating carnage and was brought into your spaceship by the 'gatherer', a robot arm that gathered stuff you hunted for in space.

You stared into her glassy, ​​lifeless gray eyes that once were bright green/blue and unnoticeably to yourself the hot tears finally ran down your cheeks.

She was really gone....

Her skin was blue and gray, looking like it could crumble and turn into dust any second now and her black hair was stiff, frozen by the coldness of space.

Everything about her shouted that she was dead, that her own purpose had claimed her. Goddess of Death.... that title made you hope that that meant she was immortal, but you were proven wrong.

You knew she had wanted you to move on.... avenge her death instead of mourn her and so you picked yourself up, dried your tears and straightened your clothing. The ones who were responsible for your dear wife's death were going to pay.

You would bring chaos their way, make them suffer.

You very very carefully picked up your deceased wife, a stone cold expression on your face, and brought her to a cold place on your ship while you made one of your robots work on a coffin. You couldn't just leave her like this, she was going to have a proper burial after all this was done.

After a few hours of searching, changing clothes and sharpening your weapons, your emotionless but yet raging eyes fell on your new victims, Thor Odinson, Bruce Banner and Valkyrie and funny enough they were all in the same place.

~~~

Earth

~~~

Valkyrie was harder to find than you thought, but killing her wasn't such a problem. The scared woman was currently trying to crawl away from you to try and get to her swords, but your heavy boot landed on her back to stop her before she could reach out to it. "Where do you think you're going?"

"You're a~.... a monster." She coughed blood because of all her stab wounds that you had created.

"You made me a monster when you decided to kill my wife." You corrected her and watched her slowly bleed out on the pretty white floor, her body becoming as lifeless as your wife's was back in your spaceship. You decided to let the two other men come to you instead and for the fun of it left a dark red blood message above her dead body behind so when they would come back, they knew you were close by and were coming for them next. 'Never kill Death herself because she will always find others to do the job for her.'It took awhile, but you could hear the front door of the small home finally open and then spotted Banner and Thor rushing inside after they took note of the dried blood trail.

They both were trying not to cry and held onto the lifeless woman the same way you had held onto Hela.... seeing them like this somehow gave pleasure.... to see others suffer the way you did. A strange feeling suddenly ran through your veins as they turned black and you stepped out of your hiding spot, the urge to kill them becoming too great.

Something had taken over your body, your strength.

Thor called Stormbreaker and Bruce ripped his shirt to try and turn into the Hulk when they noticed you, but they were too late.... two big black spikes had already impaled them before you could even say something to them....

Perhaps you were right in what you had written on the wall 'Never kill Death herself because she will always find others to do the job for her' because your dear wife had chosen you-.... Chosen you to gain her power and continue her purpose.

However, before you could do so there was one more thing on your list: Give your wife a proper burial.

You returned to the place where you two had been married, Hela's black coffin in two of your robots' arms while you chose the most beautiful spot you could find and started digging. After you had dug enough, they placed the coffin in the ground and you ordered the robots to leave so you could be alone with her. You stared into the horizon, seeing all the pretty trees in shades of purple light up when the sun disappeared and the sky grew darker. You had buried your wife on the top of the highest hill the secret planet had underneath her favourite type of tree and you sighed, closing your eyes as you finally let the suppressed tears spill.

"I love you, Hela.... and I will miss you."