Goodbye Rap Monster

I woke up in the middle of the night. Rap Monster stood beside my bed and was coughing loudly. I groaned a bit and rolled over in bed.

“What’s wrong Namjoon”? I asked with concern.

“I think I’m sick”. He replied. I sat up and placed my hand on his forehead. It was really warm.

“Awww poor leader-nim. I think you have a fever. Stay here I’ll go get some medicine”. I gestured for him to lie on my bed. I rushed to the bathroom and scanned the medicine cabinet. I grabbed a thermometer and a bottle of fever medicine. I soaked a towel in warm water and returned to him. I treated him the best I could. After checking his temperature, I was shocked; he had a 104 degree fever.

“You can’t be here, you need to go to the hospital. I’m contacting Manager-nim, he’ll take you to the hospital”. I said as tears began to well up in my eyes. If I leave him as is, he might be minutes away from dying.

I grabbed my phone and called his manager. After explaining the situation, he said he was on his way.

I checked his temperature again, 105. Just 1 degree away from death.

“What if I don’t make it”? He asked as I saw the sparkle of a tear in his eye.

“Don’t say things like that”! I sobbed. He ran his fingers through my hair, this can’t be happening. I began to pray that he makes it.

Minutes later, there were knocks on my door. I let the manager take Namjoon to the hospital. I kissed him on the cheek before he left, that may be the last I’ll ever see of him.

The other members had been awoken from the commotion and gathered with me on the front porch as we all watched the manager’s car drive away.

“He’ll be okay. If I know anything about Namjoon it’s that he’s a fighter. He’ll make it, I know he will”. Jin assured when he noticed how stressed I looked. I just hope he’s right.