The Blackout

The remaining members and I stood in front of the house as we watched Jin and V leave.

“We won’t be seeing them for another month now”. I sighed.

“Don’t worry, they’ll be back. I mean at least manager-nim left you with the awesome ones”! J-Hope boasted. I giggled.

“Shhh don’t say the truth so loud. They might be able to still hear you”. I whispered to them followed by a laugh. Of course I really didn’t mean it; they’re all awesome! We then all returned inside.

The rest of the day we stayed inside and progressed throughout the day normally. That was until around 8:00PM.

There was a huge thunderstorm outside, one could easily mistake it for a hurricane.

We all sat around together calmly in the living room as we watched the news for updates on the storm. Well, almost all of us were calm. Jungkook...he looked scared out of his mind.

“Kookie, are you okay”? I asked in a soothing voice as I peered at the curled up figure on the carpet.

“The thunder is so l-loud”. He stuttered. I slowly and gently ran my fingers through his hair trying to calm him down.

“I mean it could be worse. There could’ve been a blackout”. Suga affirmed. Just as he said that, I face palmed...the power instantly knocked out.

“Seriously”!? I exclaimed.

“Hey Suga, it’s like anything you say instantly happens! You must be magical”! J-Hope exclaimed.

“I‘m not magical, this is just a coincidence”. Suga retorted.

“Coincidence my ass! Just repeat after me. (y/n) and Jimin have sex”.

“JIMIN-AH! NOT NOW”!

“Got it, we’ll do it later”. I face palmed. I then heard small sniffles coming from in front of me.

“Kookie”? I said softly.

“NOW IT’S THUNDERING AND DARK”! He whined. I pulled him close to me and wrapped my arms around him tightly. He might not be able to see me, but I could at least offer him some comfort.

“So now what? This storm probably won’t end for hours”. J-Hope mentioned.

“We’ll just go to bed and the storm will be over by morning, I mean it’s late anyways”. I suggested. Before I could further instruct, a light was coming from the kitchen.

“I found some candles, we could just light them up and put them around the house for light”. Suga said.

“How did you find them so quickly”!? I questioned in amazement.

“Being a night person has its perks”. We all continued to light candle after candle and place them around the living room.

The soft golden glow was beautiful as it illuminated the area.

“Feel better now”? I asked Jungkook. He nodded.

We sat in a circle on the living room floor. Jungkook rested his head on my lap.

“If V were here he would probably distract me from all the fear with his 4d self”. Jungkook sniffled.

“If Rap Mon were here he would probably tell me those forbidden words”. Jimin pouted. We all looked at him in shock.

“What does Rap Mon say to you”!? Suga asked just as shocked as the rest of us. Forbidden words!? What’s going on between them. Jimin took a deep breath.

“I’ve always tried to show him I’ve got what he wants but he just keep doubting me”. We waited in silence for him to speak.

“Word for word he says to me…”.

“Go on”. Suga said impatiently. Jimin took one more deep breath.

“Jimin...you got no jams”. We all laughed, even Kookie this time.

“Wow I thought there was something else going on! That was pretty stupid! I got hyped for that”!? J-Hope scoffed.

“What do you mean stupid!? Remember that time you were dancing like an idiot in an elevator and that girl randomly walked in on you lying on the floor pretending to fly”! Jimin snickered.

“But you know what was really funny? That time Suga dressed up as a maid”! J-Hope teased. We all laughed at Suga.

“And that time during the interview! You said ‘infires’ instead of ‘inspires’”!

“When that girl in LA called Jimin a fool”!

“That was all V’s fault! He told her! She didn’t know”! They all continued to share

funny stories. I couldn’t help but notice Jungkook. He was smiling and laughing as if he’s forgotten all about the storm even though it was still thundering outside.

We all continued to tell funny stories and eventually, the storm went away.

“Ok it’s late now. We should all go to bed”. I yawned. The power was working again and everything was back to normal. After taking out all of the candles, we went straight to bed.

I took Jungkook to his room and tucked him into bed. Just as I was about to leave, he grabbed my wrist.

“What’s wr-”

“Don’t go. Stay with me”. I couldn’t say no to someone as sweet as Jungkook. He made room for me on the bed and he cuddled me.

“Who’s gonna cuddle you when there’s a storm in Korea and I’m not there”?

“No one. That’s why I’m taking the chance to cuddle with you tonight. It’s better to cuddle with someone who’s as kind and as beautiful as you than trembling in fear until you fall asleep”.