• 28 •

author

Two days after Jiwoo woke up was already the funeral of Nicholas and mrs Kang. Aliya and Jiwoo's condition were really bad: Aliya stopped talking and to answer she would only nod or tilt her head lightly. While Jiwoo, she stopped eating, she refused to eat everything her parents and friends tried to give her.

She would often zone out or have these hysterical moments where she would start laughing and crying, shouting his name. She often would refuse everyone's company, letting only Aliya, Sungyeon, Jungwon, her brother and parents in her hospital room. After the news came out mrs Kang's nephew came back from Japan to attend her funeral too.

⚰︎

Jungwon

"Ji... It's time" I told her in a calm tone in case she would have a hysteric moment.
"Thank you Jungwon for staying by her side so far" Her mom said to me.
"It's no problem aunty, it's the least I can do to pay back all the nights she spent at the hospital because of me"
"Jiwoo, cmon, I'll help you walk" Geonu said helping her to get up.
"Sungyeon open the door please"
"Yes oppa, let's go Aliya?" She said tending her arm to the younger girl who just nodded and stood up from the chair.

⚰︎

After mr Lee drove us to the grave yard we helped the two girls walk to the spot where the ceremony will take place. Everyone was already there, well not everyone...
"Hey Aliya" a not so tall guy said approaching her and she just went to hug him "Oh uhm I'm sorry, I haven't introduced myself, I'm Kang Seokhwa, their aunty's nephew"

"Nice to meet you and thank you for taking in this crybaby of my adoptive cousin"
"It's the least we can do for Soeun, she became a great friend of mine" mrs Lee said.
"Ji? Shall we go to the others? They've been worried for you" Sungyeon said.
"Hm ok..."

⚰︎

Since Jiwoo still had some trouble walking cuz of the effects of the bite and her refusing to eat, Geonu and I helped her walk to our friend group.
"Oh my, Ji!" Soomin said as her and Daeyang went to hug her.
"Have you got what I asked hyung?" I asked Jay.
"Ah yeah"
"They're already on the seats for everyone attending"
"Ok thank you, Hanbin hyung"

After some time we took our sits for the ceremony before the burial. Jiwoo was sitting between Geonu and Aliya and then their parents and Seokhwa in the same row. When the speech segment arrived, the first one was aunty Kang's nephew, the 02z, Aliya and then at last Jiwoo.

⚰︎

"In the past 2 days I haven't talked at all... Too many things going on my mind and this is my last chance to say thank you. Thank you to aunty Soeun, for treating me as her own daughter and taking care of me for all these years. She was everything everyone could ask for in a mother figure... She would always make sure I'm healthy and doing well. When I was a kid, she would always give me a big hug as a reward for taking my vitamins hahaha I always loved her hugs..." she said as she started sobbing a bit.

"Thank you Yixiang gege, for always being a good brother to me, never making me feel as my family was incomplete, for playing with me when no one would in primary school, I remember you even dressed up as a princess to make me smile... You were always more strict than aunty and I would always complain about it, but deep inside I've always knew that you were doing it for my own good... I'm sorry for always being a pain in the butt because of my personality... I-I-" with that she couldn't speak further and just went back to mrs Lee.

⚰︎

"So uhm... It is still hard to accept that my first love is now gone... Nicho was the sweetest guy ever, he would always come up with new ideas for dates and wasn't afraid of showing our love... I- I can't really put out the right words right now but... One thing I wanna say is thanks... Thank you for making me a better person, and I'm sorry we couldn't keep our promises... Nicholas would always joke about having 5 cats in the future and making our own company together"