T H I R T E E N

M A S O N

I look around the room as soon as I wake up. I sat up when it hit me that I'm not in the same messy room. I looked to my right and it's Christina, sitting on a chair but she's asleep. Why am I even here? I thought. It's quit odd how I don't remember things so well. Something must have happened to me. I don't know why, but I hate hospitals. Gives me the creeps.

"Mason, hey. Are you alright?" I looked over at Christina, I didn't speaked. Just smiled.

"Mason. Talk to me. Don't just smile at me."

"I'm sorry, Christina. Yeah, I'm fine. Don't worry." I then smiled at her again. She just nodded and a nurse bashed in the room.

"Hey, Christina. I see your buddy's awake now." I looked at Christina and wait for a respond. She didn't respond but she did just smiled at her.

"May I just ask, what happened to me?" Christina looked with a raised eyebrow. Probably confused or doesn't know how to explain it. "You don't remember?" Christina asked and I shaked my head.

"The both of us were at the park and you were getting hot, also you blocked out. Doctor said that you have an extreme fever." Oh.

"Well, Christina, I just wanted to confirm that Allison Stewart is a mutual of yours. Is she?" Christina nodded and the nurse let Allison in to the room. Tanned skin, wavy brown hair, really fit woman.

"Hey, Tina. I went over to your home, your mum said you are at the hospital. What happened?" I don't get why they pronounce mom as mum. Oh, wait. They're British.

"Oh, no. See, my friend here," she points at me. "Got blocked out and has an extremely high fever so I brought him here." Allison just nodded and I lay back down on the bed, thinking of when's the next time I'll be able to ask her out on a date. I can remember things now and my plan is such a fail.

I looked all over the room and I spot the flowers that I was suppposed to give to her and my bag. I looked over the table next to my bed and my phone's there.

"Hey, Tina, can you please take a look if mom kno -"

"Don't worry, Mason. I already told your mom that you are here, she said that she'll come over in a three hours." I smiled at her and nod my head. I lay my head back down on the pillow.

Two hours has past by and in just one hour, my mom's gonna arrive with food for me, Chrisitina and Allison. Allison and I have been talking a lot, we quit have the the same thing in common. We like video games, books, soccer, volleyball, penny boards, skating. There's a lot more but even though we do have so many things in common, I still like Christina better because I really don't know what Allison's true inside and outside behavior and attitude. I'm a very picky person and I don't like girls who wears too much make up, and those girl who wears crop tops and really short shorts. Seems like they are sluts. Allison's not my type, really. She wears too much make up and she's literally wearing a crop top and shorts, but Christina is more of a simple girl. She got this boyish side that I really like, she wears flannels, beanies, sometimes wears glasses and she never wears any of what sluts would wear.

It's hard to wait patiently for my mom and the food that we are waiting for because we are literally so hungry. I miss my home, really. And I miss my xbox and ps3 console, feels like I haven't played for so many years and that's not even a lie, sometimes I would spend ten hours for playing games, my mom would worry about me every time, sometimes I would lock the room so people won't disturb me because sometimes that would annoy me so much.

"Hey, Mason, your friend Chester has been messaging you."

"What did he say?"

"He asked if where are you."

"Tell him we're here." She just nodded and I reached out for the remote controle, flipping through the channels, trying to search for something entertaining to watch.

30 minutes past by and mom arrived with McDonalds for us to eat. I sat up and looked at her when she sat down on the chair where Christina fell asleep.

"What happened to your plan?" My mom and I are very close. I told her about Christina, how much I like her and I also asked her if I could somehow take Christina out on a date and she said yes. She knew about the plan but sadly it didn't workedd out too well.

"Mom, can't you see that I'm literally sitting on a hospital bed?" My head hurts a lot, to be honest and I feel kind of dizzy. She laughed and I just chuckled quietly.

"Of course, I do see that. Plan gone wrong, huh? You still have tons of time to ask her out on a date." Tina and Allison are busy talking to each other so they really don't hear what mom and I are talking about because even though the both of them laugh really loud, which of course I enjoy since Tina's happy.

"Yeah, I know but I'm actually quite afraid that it will turn out like what happened and I don't wanna be rej - - -" I soon shut up when Christina said thank you to mom and said that both her and Allison are gonna leave.

"Hold up a minute, Tina. My son here wanna talks to you." I looked straight forward at mom and glared at her, but of course in a playful way. Thank you, mom.

Christina walked up to the bed and held my hand. Keep your shit together, Mason. Calm down.

"Christina.. The thing that I was going to say to you earlier was.." I waited for a respond so I continued.

"Will you go out on a date with me?" I looked over at mom who's smiling at me then at Allison who's lips are wide open and her eyes are so huge, really really shocked probably. Then I looked at Christina, who's eyes are getting watery, please say yes. Please say yes. I thought.

"Mason.. I.." I don't know if this is a good sign or not..

"I.. I'm sorry Mason.." And there it goes. My body feels numb and I looked at my mom. My eyes are going to be probably blood shot from all the crying. Christina removed her hand and left the room.

I guess this is the end for "Happy and Joyful" Mason.