O N E

M A S O N

Today's the first semester and I have to admit it, I am really not excited. Who likes school anyways?

"So, have you talked to Christina?" Chester asked.

"Like I told you, I haven't." Christina's a nerd from my neighbourhood, we really haven't talked to each other since I really don't speak to nerds, but I gotta admit it, she's really gorgeous for her to be a nerd. I am walking backwards while talking with Jack, Caleb, and with some few other friends. "Well, you said that she's gorgeous. Come on man, show her what you got!"The words what you got keeps going through my mind.
I forgot, people actually thinks I'm a playboy when I am really not. What if I do start talking to her? What if everything will get all awkward? What if she'll think that I'm really annoying? God, don't you just hate What If's? "Christina!" Chester whispere yelled to Jack. Jack pushed me and I felt my back bump into someone's back, I pretend it doesn't hurt but it actually does. I heard a heavy weight crash to the ground, and that's when I realized it was Christina, the nerd. Her glasses fell off of her face and her book in her arms earlier fell down to the ground. I looked at my back, her face all scrunched up, seems like I have bumped into her too hard. I kneel down, not knowing what to do. "I'm so sorry," I blurted out randomly. I looked up at Chester, giving him a rude look. I picked up the books which were in her arms earlier. One of the books is so thick, how can she even carry it? I sooner found the title "The Maze Runner" on one of the books she was carrying earlier. I didn't know nerds or girls im general would be interested to this kind of fictions. I shrugged it off instead and hand her the books. "My arm hurts," she said. Well, shoot. I stand her up, making our way to the clinic.

Once we are in the clinic, I carefully let her sit on the small bed by the corner, I shoot her a small smile. "Are your arms okay?" She shook her head. By that exact time, the nurse walked in and do what she has to do. While the nurse was examining her, I decide to start a conversation.

"So, you read books and play video games?" I looked at her intently and study her expression. Her eyes are wide and her lips are formed as a line as she purse her lips together. She stays silent for a few more minutes and finally answered, "Yes." I am not surprised. "I saw you playing a video game a few days ago." She did the same face expression, like what I'm telling her right now shocks her a lot. "Oh," was all she can say. For a few minutes, everything was really awkward. Then Christina decided to break it.

+++

A few more minutes later, the nurse has already done examining Christina. The nurse said that her arms are fine, it wasn't really that injured. We made our way out of the clinic, walking through the hallway. It's 8 am and class haven't even started yet.

"Since when did you started playing video games, anyways?" I ask her in the kindess way. "Since seventh grade." She deffinitely started way more earlier than I am, I only started during eight grade. I find myself looking over at her almostz every time. A lot of people are staring at us, probably thinking why I'm friends with a nerd. Small murmurs and whispers filled the hallway as Christina and I walk pass by some people. I gave my glasses to her instead since her glasses broke, but I promised her I would buy her new glasses.
-
Okay, this is like, NOT the first book I have ever made on wattpad. I used to have a Niall Horan fanfiction but deleted it because I didn't received nice feedbacks and the reads are too low so I thought of doing something that isn't related to bands, boybands and here it is. I got inspired to write this book by my "used to be friend" and she helped me, but yeah, thanks anyways. You know who you are.

I apologize for some typos, I may have typed too fast and didn't read what I wrote.

I hope you guys will enjoy this one tho