Introduction🍂

Gulf's POV :

Just another boring Monday morning or so I assumed. After completing my morning routine, I went outside my room to check up on my mom and of course having breakfast. As soon as I reached the kitchen, I noticed my mom speaking to someone on the phone. She was so into the phone and my eggs turned brown.

"Mom" I screamed as I switched the stove off. My mom gasped and turned around.

She placed a hand on her mouth and said " Oh my,I'll call you later Eric" Eric. I rolled my eyes at the name.

"I'll cook them again, hold up" she said while taking other two eggs on the fridge, i just smiled and proceed to toast few pieces of bread.

" It's early still, what were you and Eric talking about?" I asked with suspicion.

My father divorced my mother when I was 8, the reason of divorce is still unknown to me but my mom always told me it's my father's fault. Since then it was just me and my mom, he never came to meet me even once in these 11 years.

We are not rich. We got through everything somehow until this Eric popped up. He began to shower us with endless gifts pumped with glitter inside them. He tries so hard to butter me but it never worked, I never liked him for some reasons.

" Go sit down, I'll get a toast" she said, trying getting me out of the kitchen, she hates when I do works, she always told me to work on my studies only. What am I going to do after studying anyways?! Work.

I sat down and waited as my stomach grumbled. It was my summer holiday and I couldn't wait to get back to school. I have few friends and that's all I don't need much, I'm going for my last year in high school then college after that.

Despite everything. I love studying. I'm thankful I didn't get into anything especially in a relationship.
No kissing, no sex, no drugs, no body contact, just some hugs and laughter.

" Here you go" My mom placed a plate in front of me. It was filled with boiled sausages, eggs and toast.

I silently began to eat until she interrupted me.

" So the date has been decided " She said and I was confused so I paused eating and looked up to her who she was blushing.

" Date. For what?" I asked while my mouth is full of sausages.

" For the wedding Gulf" she replied very casually. And I almost chocked.

" But, no, that's way too quick. I'm not ready " I replied while stuttering.

" Yes, I know. But this is the right time. It's summer and you're on your holidays. After your school starts, we won't have time. It will be just a small event, just few people and we can move into Eric's house and leave this small house." My mom explained.

But, this is where I lived all my life. My father brought this house and named it under my mom when they got married.

" What about this house?" I asked

" We will sell it off. It's so old anyways and the furnitures are dead, with the money we can send you off to a university or college." My mother added.

I shook my head immediately.

" No mom, no. You can't sell this house." I said with a bit of anger.

" What do you mean?"

" I have my entire childhood here, I don't want it to be gone so quick. And why can't we come and stay here, I mean with Eric" I said