Moving In🍂

My lips parted open and I just stared at both of them. Glaring more at my mom.

" Son, we're doing this because we'll be traveling for the next few months, and you won't focus or work everything on your own." My mother explained.

" But boarding schools are so expensive, and you know how I always stay focused when it comes to my studies mom, and I can take care of myself " I exclaimed.

" Of course, I know. Eric looked at your grades and he sent them to Orchid Boarding School for all boys. With the help of his connections inside, he was able to get you a 50% scholarship and the rest he's willing to pay" My mom kept explaining.

My jaw dropped.
I was happy yet terrified.

" Really " I asked Eric. I knew my grades were good but didn't expect them to be that good to get me a scholarship in one of the most prestigious schools.

" Thank you, Eric." I said after realizing that I didn't say that.

" You're welcome " he replied with a smile.

" The school will start in a month, so you have time to prepare as well as say goodbye to your friends. And we also won't be able to meet you until the end of the year, because of the school rules but we can call and video chat all the time." My mother explained with happiness and glimmering in her eyes.

Wait- not meeting my mom for a year!!

" Why is it like that?!" I asked.

" What?" Eric asked.

" That you can't meet your parents or anyone until the year finishes.?"

" It's the rule. It's a very strict school from what I know but I'm sure you will adjust." Eric tapped my shoulder to give me courage.

Who knew, entering boarding school would change my life and it's perspective forever.

____

The day arrived soon when I was dropped off to the boarding school. It was an hour journey, I despise sitting in the car traveling for so long. I hugged my mom very tight holding my tears back, I'm a man I shouldn't cry. I've never been so far away from my mom like this. I just smiled at Eric too.

" Take care of yourself sweetheart." Mom yelled as the car moved backward and out of the gates. She waved me bye one last time and the gates were closed.

I walked past the gates which were so large and gold in color, I can see how the security here is so strong. I walked and when I reached at the administration block, I was given a piece of paper written " B - 18"
and yeah that's my room number, I was told that my suitcases were already there.

I was wandering around the area a bit. The school was quite big, then I saw these three buildings which there wasn't anyone roaming around. It was the fourth day since the opening and I got a bit delayed because of my cold, I wasn't able to walk properly and then seasonal sickness came along.

I walked inside one of the building while having no idea where is that place. Suddenly out of blue an old woman approached me.

" Hello, welcome. You must be?" She asked.

" Gulf. I'm Gulf Kana, here is my paper I received in the mail." I replied while giving her that paper. She nodded and turned around.

" Follow me."

We walked around that area and that when I realized that it's not just any building because there were no classrooms or dorms. It was just offices and people running here and there.