Real Father 🍂

Gulf's POV.

When I woke up the next morning, Mew wasn't on bed or anywhere in the room which confused me for a moment. It was 8 am. Why was he awake so early on weekend?! I mean we were supposed to crash till 1 pm or something. I put my head out to the door and made sure that blonde woman wasn't there and she wasn't. I opened the door, fixed my hair a bit and walked out.

Then, I stepped inside the office to face the biggest fear in my life. My eyes widened as I looked ahead, a shiver ran down to my spine and mouth hung open when I saw him. Denying what I saw, I quickly went to Mew.

" Who is this?" I asked in a very low tone so no one except Mew would hear me.

" Your father," Mew replied casually. But I wasn't calm. My fingers were shaking from seeing the man who left me and my mother years ago. He was the reason why I have problems today. No he isn't my father.

" Gulf, my son" the man said as he came my way and put his hands in front of my face to hold me. I immediately winced back to Mew and grabbed his hand.

" I'm not your son," I whispered. I was scared yet angry at the same time. I didn't know what to do, worse of all, I didn't know how to react. How was he here? What did he want? How did he know about me?

" Gulf," Mew tugged my hand. " He's your father and he came to meet you. Just atleast listen to him." Mew added. I was confused. He knows how much I hated my father, yet he was telling me to listen to him.

What was wrong with Mew!?

" I know I have made mistakes Gulf, but now I'm here, I want us to talk. I want to apologize. I'm asking for a chance, one more chance son, please!" The man begged.

" Go to him," James said. I mouthed a 'no' at him a few times but he didn't care about it.

" Nothing is going to happen if you sit down and talk to your father." he said.

A few moment, I was sitting between them both. Mew was behind his desk, my father in front and I was sitting in the middle, by the corner. I narrowed my eyes down because I didn't want to cry.

" Why did you leave?" I questioned after a long silence. I looked at him with my watery eyes and Mew immediately moved towards me to provide comfort because he knew I was going to cry.

But I asked the question which I always wanted an answer to it.

" Because your mother wanted me to, she believed I wasn't a man enough to take care of you. When you were born, I didn't have a proper job or a degree just a house that my parents gave me. Your mother then worked and few years later, she told me that you two are better off without me. Instead of being an extra expense to your mother. I left." He explained.

This was the story I never heard before. My mother often told me that he left because of other reasons, like other woman.

" But she told me you had another woman." I said.

My mother wouldn't lie to me right!?

"No, I didn't. But I told your mother to create up some stories if you ever asked because I didn't want you to know how miserable and poor your father was" he further answered my question.

Just a sigh that came out of anger me with a droplet of water sliding down my cheek, before I was in my father's arms again.

There was nothing else I wanted to know or learn from him. I knew the reason why he left. Today I knew it wasn't any of our fault that this family broke.