Chapter 16 - Opposite Directions

Hey everyone! I would just like to share that ALLURING KARA JADE published book and merchandise are now both available! For shopee links, you can find it on my social media accounts.

Hoping to see AKJ in your hands soon!
Thank you so much lalo na sa mga nag-order na po! My heart is full! hehe

-------------------

CHAPTER 16 

OPPOSITE DIRECTIONS

Iris' POV

I am fully aware that my friends have noticed the sudden change in me. I became more silent since yesterday and even online, I'd just read their messages but I never actually reply.

I'm not shutting myself from the world. I'm just so tired to deal with anything else right now.

After crying so much at Naomi's crib, I felt drained. Ni tumingin sa mga mata nila ay hindi ko nagawa. She drove me home later that night. Thankfully, my Mom was so happy with the pictures she saw online that she didn't even notice how broken I am.

"It's a shame your father and I weren't able to attend the party but I am relieved that you were there. Panay positive feedback ang nakita kong sinasabi ng mga tao sa'yo. Mabuti na lang talaga ay sinunod mo ang payo ng mga kaibigan mong suotin ang dress na 'yon. I love it, anak!"

I forced myself to smile and pretend as if everything's alright. She continued to praise me all throughout dinner till my sister arrived. I used that chance to excuse myself and run upstairs. Pagpasok ko sa kwarto ko ay nanlumo na ulit ako.

How stupid can I actually be?

I shouldn't feel this way but I do and I hate myself for that.

I sat in front of my study table and was about to open my laptop when I realized, there's no point of looking at the event images. Maaalala ko lang ang nangyari. Mas lalo lang akong masasaktan. I crossed my arm at the table and rested my chin on it.

Sighing, I stared at the mini Eiffel tower figurine which I bought in Paris the day I met him.

"Was that really just a dream?" I mumbled. "But his kisses felt so real."

*****

"Okay that's it. I ain't pretending anymore." Lahat kami ay napatingin kay Caylee nang bigla itong magsalita at lumapit sa akin. "Girl, what the hell is wrong with you?"

I frowned but I just looked at her. Tahimik lang naman akong nagaaral dito sa tabi kaya bakit siya nagagalit?

Caylee crossed her arms and sighed. "Ris, kilala kita. I know when you're troubled. Simula kahapon, hindi na kita narinig magsalita. Is there something else that happened that night that you haven't mention to us? I'm really getting worried."