Chapter 20 - Calm

CHAPTER 20

CALM

Iris' POV

"Sucks right? If we can only have a month long rest, that would be nice," Ava mumbled.

I nod my head in agreement. I honestly felt like the Holidays went by like a blur. Every single day, my family and I visited dozens of tourist spots all around Monaco. It's the first time my parents took a two weeks leave from work just to bond with me and Ate Irene. And it was the best! Akala ko sasama lang ang loob ko sa kanila pero hindi. Suprisingly, they both treated differently. Kung dati mas kinakausap nila si Ate ay parehas na atensyon na ang binibigay nila sa aming dalawa ngayon. It was as if they heard my desperate cries years ago and finally decided to listen.

"This one's for you. Ito kay Caylee. I know you'd love this Naomi. Hey Tiff, for you!" I handed them bags which I bought at the Le Metropole Shopping Center. They all squeeled out of happiness and hugged me. Ava quickly took a picture of it and posted it on her social media account.

"Wow, sila lang?" Nilingon pa ako ni Zin kahit na busy siya maglaro ng xbox. We're all here at the Grove since our classes just finished.

"Of course I have pasalubong for all of you! Kayo na mamili ng gusto niyong kulay. It's from Steffano Ricci." I had the chance to buy several neckties and cufflinks for my guy friends. Alam ko kasing mahilig sila sa mga ganun lalo na at papalapit na ang opening ng palaro ni Senyor.

"SH*T?! HUY!" Napabalikwas sila nang marinig nila ang sinabi ko. Parang mga batang nagunahan pumunta dito sa table ang mga boys. Natawa na lang ako at pinanuod silang magtalo talo pa.

Caylee started giving us gifts as well from her trip at Montgomery Hills. "I finally met Prince Rohan! Grabe girl, sayang! He's already engaged"

Tiff chuckled. "Totoo bang sobrang gwapo niya sa personal?"

"Yup! I was lucky they invited my family as their guests. I have videos inside the palace. Look!" And we all watched her mini vlog from the trip. Papatapos na kami nang napatingin ako kay Zin. Malaki ang ngiti niya habang pinapanuod ang video ni Caylee.

"What a coincidence! I was in Costa Vira, the country where his fiancée Princess Cordelia lives," Ava shared. "Sobrang ganda doon lalo sa ng mga beach nila. Ang peaceful lang."

Of course Ava also bought a few items for us. Sa girls woven bags while sa boys summer shirts.

Tiff said she went to Elysian with her Mom. Every year talaga ay umuuwi sila sa probinsya nila to visit her grandmother.

Naomi and her family were in Korea since she was so into Kdrama these past couple of months. Na-convince niya ang buong pamilya niya na doon sila magbakasyon noong pasko.

Evan spent the Holidays in Japan with his family while both Rios and Theo went to Las Vegas. Busy ang parents nila kaya silang dalawa na lang ang nagliwaliw doon. They said they spent most nights at the casinos, playing games and getting drunk. Of course they didn't forget talking about some random girls. Psh.

Zin and his childhood friends were in Switzerland. He didn't forget to buy us Swiss watches and chocolates! Yay!