Epilogue

EPILOGUE

Iris' POV

"Bonjour!"

"Allo Madame!"

"Tu es éblouissante, Ma'am!"

"J'espère que tout le monde a pris son café ce matin," I greeted back and they all nod their heads in synchronize motion, their morning routine.

I smiled and made my way to my office. Once inside, Camille immediately closed the curtains and locked the door. Then I threw my high heels on the floor.

"That hurt my feet like hell!" I complained. "And it's too loud! I could even hear the sound of my heels clicking against the marble floor as I'm walking. Lahat tuloy ng mga tao, napapatingin sa akin..."

Tumawa si Cams at inabot sa akin ang flats ko. "Titingin po talaga sila sa'yo. You're the CEO."

I rolled my eyes and appreciated the comfortableness of my new shoes.

"Definitely much better. Thanks."

She placed her tablet in front of me and tapped the screen to show me my schedule for the day. Hindi ko naman agad pinansin iyon dahil tiningnan ko siya.

"Can you translate what I just said to my people earlier? J'espère que tout le monde a pris son café ce matin?" I repeated, testing her knowledge with French.

She blinked and gulped. "Uhmm...you were asking them if they already had their coffee this morning? Tama po ba?"

"Parfaite!" I couldn't help but clap my hands.

"And Parfaite means perfect, right Madame?"

"Wow Camille, you really are doing great lately!"

Ngumisi siya at umupo sa harapan ko. "Ma'am, kung hindi niyo naman po ako pinagaral, hindi ko maiintindihan iyon. Salamat po talaga. Ginagalingan ko po para makatulong sa'yo."

"No Cams, galingan mo para sa sarili mo. Someday you might meet the man of your dreams here. Atleast magkakaintindihan kayo," biro ko.

"Nako Madame, sana matangkad at guwapo!"

I giggled and gave her a thumbs up.

When we left the Philippines, Camille and I lived at a small town in France. We took classes for different languages and did our best to learn about the country's culture. After that, we moved here in Paris.

"Anyway Madame, you have a meeting at eight o' clock regarding the presentation for the city government's newest theme park. At nine, you have precisely an hour to check your emails. Please be sure to review the project proposal for one of our biggest clients---"

"I know, I know. I already took note of that. Anything else?"

"You have an invitation to attend the ribbon cutting at Louvre Museum. There will be a new art piece that will be shown to the public today. I think it would be the perfect chance for you to introduce your name again, Madame."