Serenity

Grouchy's POV

I woke up. I'm washed up at shore, it's pitch black. Where is Clumsy? I need to find him.

The sinister sound of wind hitting the trees leaves me breathless. The usually serene sounds, now make me shiver. Where could he be?

I walk along the shore, moonlight barely helping me see. There is a group of fire flies going over the pond.

Finally some light, I see the boat still flipped, and a white shoe. Both floating in the middle of the water. I look down; both my shoes still on my feet. I panic, not thinking twice, I go into the freezing water. The same piercing feeling goes through my veins. I don't let it hold me back. I swim as fast as I can.

Trying my best, my strength dying down, my muscles freezing almost paralyzing all my movement. My feet halt. I finally reached what was of the lit up scene by the now astray fire flies.

The drenched wood of the boat helped me stay afloat. I looked for the shoe to see if Clumsy was near. To my surprise, he wasn't. Unsure of whether to distressed or happy, I tried to flip the boat.

It was no use, I felt far too weak and the boat far too heavy. I finally snapped back to reality. The same numbing feeling came back over me. I felt like if I had just fallen out of the boat again. I wanted to cry but no tears came out. I was in the middle of the pond with no Clumsy. Where could he be?

My feet couldn't touch the ground I so desperately needed. I tried to move my arms so I could swim back. It was no use, the waves were pulling me back into the middle, that smurfing wind.

I was running out of options, but I suddenly saw a light, hope going through my brain, only to be shattered a second later. A lone firefly? I'm helpless.

A wave of water hits my face. I wipe my eyes and realize what that light actually was. It was a lantern. I could only make out the orange colors of the fire. I focused and then saw the blue faces behind it.

Wailing my arms, I scream "OVER HERE!" it was no use they couldn't see or hear me. I moved my arms through the water, following the current led by the wind, I finally got closer to shore.

As soon as my feet could touch the wet ground, I pulled myself up and reached the gentle grass.

"Have you guys seen Clumsy?" I ask in a hurried voice.

"I'm right here" I hear a quiet voice say from behind a rock.

"Are you alright?" I run and help Clumsy up.

"Yeah, I was running and hit my head on a rock and fell."

"I am so glad you are okay."

"Enough, why were you guys out for so long?"

"Sorry Papa, we went boating, but our boat flipped and we passed out I think."

"Well you both better be careful next time." Smurfette said in an angry tone.

"Sorry Smurfette."