His Presence

Clumsy's POV

Grouchy has been acting a bit off lately, but I can't put my finger on why.

"Hey Grouchy, are you okay?"

"Yeah why?"

"I'm not sure you've been acting odd lately. Are you sure?"

"What? I'm fine." His eyes trailed off mine and he stared down the stone path.

He's upset, I should say something.

I can't find the right words to say. Plus, I don't want to upset him more.

——————————————————
Grouchy's POV

I can tell that Clumsy cares, but I'm really not sure of what's happening. Even in my confusion his presence is always welcome.

The silence kills me though. Clumsy seems to be distracted but I'm not.

"Okay fine, there is something."

"Well, what is it?"

"I'm not sure, but I've gotten bored of being such a downer."

"I don't think you're a downer Grouchy."

Clumsy's sweet words made my face turn pink, so I quickly turned away. He must have gotten the wrong idea because his voice started panicking.

"I mean if you're upset you could try to be positive again."

The idea was fabulous! I tried to do that before, it ended terribly as I got tired of my new personality. But I think it can work.

"Yeah, but how do I manage that?"

"I'm not sure. Maybe we could do some activities to make you feel feel better."

"That could work, but which ones?"

"I'm not sure. Want to ask Smurfette?"

"Sure, let's go!"

It's nice to know that Clumsy will always be there for me.