Just a Friend

Clumsy's POV

"I guess..?"

"You guess?"

"I know."

"You know?"

"Yes. I need to talk to him." 

"Okay but.." I sprinted out. "..Clumsy wait!" I couldn't tell what the second thing Smurfette said was, I was already out the door.

"Hey Clumsy!" 

Hefty stood in front of me.

"Hi Hefty! I'm sorry about yesterday, that was really rude of me but I'm in a rush."

Hefty has a looks shocked, I'll just walk by him.

"Wait." He's grabbing my hand and pulling me back. "Have you read the paper?"

"No, I've got important things to do."

"Oh, well hope it's not talking to Grouchy.."

"Why would it not be talking to Grouchy?"

Hefty's eyebrows furrowed.

"I mean.. why can't I talk to Grouchy?"

He gave me a slightly discouraged frown.

"I think it's better if you read it yourself, and don't worry about yesterday, it's cool." He talked in a remorseful voice. What does the paper say?

..I Reporter Smurf got a very controversial picture of Grouchy Smurf and, no one other than his ex Vexy Smurf kissing. Is this the end of Clumsy x Grouchy?

"Oh."

Hefty gave me a pat on the back, other smurfs are whispering to eachother looking at us.

"Cool!" I say in my best attempt at a happy tone, it must have worked because a lot of smurfs looked confused. 

"You guys can't possibly believe Nosey. Me and Grouchy are just friends." 

Thankfully most of the smurfs believed me. Some shrugged it off and went back to what they were doing. I turned to look at Hefty, his arm still on my shoulder. He gives me a reassuring smile and lets go of me. I should go to Grouchy's I should see if he's okay.

"Grouchy? Are you there?" I sure hope he is. "Yes Clumsy?" His voice is breaking up still, he's talking in a softer tone, maybe he's not angry. "Want to talk?" "Not really, I'm kind of busy right now." "Oh, how about in an hour?" "Maybe, where?" "I don't know, how about the flowers from when we went on a walk?" Grouchy is silent, does he not want to go? "Sure. I'll be there Clumsy." "Okay! See you there Grouchy." A smile grows on my face, I like being around Grouchy, even if he's just a friend.