Beautiful Day

Clumsy's POV

Good morning sun! It's beautiful outside. I wonder how Grouchy's doing. I should go ask him. 

"Hello Clumsy, it is I, Reporter Smurf." 

Oh goody, he's here again "Do you need anything?"

"Yes, I'd like to go over my new article with you, it's about the events of last night" 

"I don't know what happened, please just leave me alone." 

"Okay, my pleasure." 

He left, weird. I should head to Grouchy's.

Why is everyone staring at me? Oh dear, they're all holding newspapers. I guess Reporter Smurf didn't care about going over the article. The smurfs are all whispering to each other, why?

Smurfette was outside. "Hey, Smurfette! What's going on?" "Oh Clumsy, the newspaper says that your secret lover has been found." "What? I don't have a boyfriend." "How'd you know she was talking about a boy?" Hefty interrupted. "Oh hi Hefty, are you feeling better?" "Yes, you didn't answer the question though." "That's enough Hefty." Smurfette cut him off. "Anyways, the article says that your secret lover is... Grouchy." 

My jaw dropped. Grouchy? How could I like Grouchy?

"He's just a friend. Reporter Smurf is lying." "Mhm" Hefty grunts and rolls his eyes. "Oh don't mind him Clumsy, he's still butthurt over getting beat up by Grouchy." "How dare he? All he's good for is getting angry. I tried to break up the fight and he punched me!" "Hey! Don't you talk about Grouchy like that! He's very nice and you should get a better name if you can't even beat him." "Don't raise your voice at me. I could have beat him and you know it Clumsy." "Oh yeah? Why is your nose purple now? Why did Gutsy have to help you take him down? Because you couldn't do it." "Listen here you-" "That's enough from both of you." "Sorry, Smurfette." 

Looking around, I could tell that everyone around us heard, and the fact that we were in the middle of the village certainly didn't help. I should just grab a paper and go back inside, I'll talk to Grouchy later.