Great Friends

Grouchy's POV 

I hear a knock on my door, it's Clumsy. I still don't know how to feel. I'm not mad at him, instead, I'm mad at myself. If it weren't for me wanting to change myself, the boat wouldn't have flipped and Clumsy wouldn't have been hurt. 

After zoning out for a quick second I reach for the doorknob, to ask him to leave again but I see something. A note. Clumsy wrote me a note. After all of this he still cares, that's nice to know.

I read it.

Why is he like this? 

A smile brushed over my face.

I scramble to find a pen, I try to write but it doesn't work. Just my luck. I quickly find another and rush back to the door where the paper laid.

I write back, 

"Hello Clumsy!

Sorry for not wanting to talk today, I'm not feeling well. How has your day been?"

I slip the note under my door. Clumsy is so sweet, always.

I hear him writing, I look over my window and he's hard at work scribbling words into the paper. I should go outside and just talk to him but this was nice. Clumsy is a great friend.

It's not unheard of Clumsy doing nice gestures, but they always seem to go wrong. He tried to give Smurfette some flowers from the forest, but he tripped when he was outside her door. He tried to get Vanity a new mirror but it shattered before he could give it to him. It was nice to see a change, this time he didn't seem to mess up, but if he did, how bad could it be? He's clumsy but not a mess. He's great

Again, I was dozing off staring at the door when I see the note slide back.

"Hello!! I'm doing great I've done so many things today. I helped Papa pick smurfroot. I helped Brainy with his project to make a super cool stargazer! I wish you were there, I didn't know how to use it so I stared at trees the whole time. Then I figured out how to use it. So, I looked at the sun! It was so fun! Brainy then said that I didn't need to help on the project anymore and to go do something else so I sat down with Narrator Smurf and he read a story!"

Clumsy has done so many things today. I'm glad he's alright. 

I think of what to write, I really haven't done anything today. 

I'm pressing my pen on the note when I hear a voice, it is not Clumsy's voice though, I look outside and Clumsy isn't there anymore. I wonder where he went. It was Nosey Smurf. He wants to be called Reporter Smurf but all his reports are all things he hears, because he is so smurfing Nosey. 

He puts his newspaper under my door. It contains rumors about what the girls in the other village are doing, Azrael sighting far away from here. Nothing interesting, bummer. I skim through the pages until my eyes halt. Clumsy Smurf writing love note to mysterious lover? What? Clumsy is not the type to have a secret like that? What could he possibly have been doing?

The Daily Smurf

issue:1264          Clumsy Smurf Writing Secret Lover Notes?

Earlier today I, Reporter Smurf spoke to Clumsy Smurf. He was acting very strange. I asked him what was up and he admitted to writing love letters to his lover. It was almost hard to believe him. I asked him the name of this mysterious smurf, but he declined to share any further information about their identity. Their relationship seems to not be doing well. Clumsy's secret lover seems to be angry at them. Although head over heels, he was on his way to apologize. Has this mysterious smurf faced second thoughts on Clumsy? Clumsy has refused to answer any more questions but I, your trustworthy personal reporter, will find more information. and will keep you updated on this ongoing situation.

Comments from our sponsors:

Passive Aggressive Smurf - Clumsy Smurf, able to find anyone to love him? So difficult to believe!

Jokey Smurf - Haha! How funny!

The Daily Smurf rights reserved to Reporter and Editor Smurf.

What? There's no way. Clumsy doesn't have a secret lover. No possibility of that. Why would he keep that a secret. Why would he not tell me?