XXIX: New Beginnings

A/N: This  is going to be ridiculously long so I apologize in advance. You can skip the flashbacks if you want :) Thank you for reading! :* ~RFM

[On top ^^ is Marry Me by Train. Any alternate song suggestions that fit Scorpius and Rose are welcomed :)]

*WARNING: THIS HAS BEEN SHABBILY PROOFREAD*

~Seven Years Later~

"You look beautiful." Hermione said, a proud smile on her face as she looked at Rose, who was dressed in a white wedding gown with long, lace sleeves. Her hair was done up and she had allowed Lily to put a little foundation and eyeliner on her, saying no to any other makeup. She wanted to look as natural as she could today.

And she was glowing.

Rose beamed at her mother and said, "Isn't it beautiful?"

"Rose, there's someone here to see you." Lily said, poking her head into the room. Rose smiled and said, "Let them in." A black haired toddler came running in with James following close behind. He stopped and stared at Rose in awe as the toddler, Polly Potter (a name both James and his now-fiance, Lisa, agreed was adorable), attempted to give Rose a hug. Lily immediately scooped Polly into her arms and said, "No hugs until the ceremony is over."

"But I want to hug Auntie Rosie!"

"Yes well you can't have everything in life, Polls." James said, taking her from Lily and putting her on the ground with his hand in hers.

"You look amazing, Rosie." James said, smiling at Rose and Rose beamed, blushed and giggled at the same time. She gave James a look-over and said, "You don't look too bad yourself. Dad's tux really does suit you."

"I know." He said, with a hair-flip. Rose laughed and then, looking at Hermione, said, "Mum, could you please get me a glass of water? Or wine. Whichever you find first."

"Of course! Lily, would you come along. You could check on the groom while you're at it." The second she left, Rose stopped smiling and a look of panic appeared on her face. She looked at James and said, "What am I doing?! I can't get married! I'll be disowned by half my family! And what if we have a fight and we break up! Where will I go?! I sold my apartment for Merlin's sake! I'm going to end up alone with loads of cats, aren't I?! What if he stops loving me?! What if this is temporary?! What if--"

"Rose!" James put his hands firmly on Rose's shoulders and said, "Listen to me. Remember when you told me how he proposed? Just think about it. Think about that time!" James said. Rose's memories went back immediately:

It was their seventh anniversary (even though neither of them claimed to keep track, they both did) and they were excited since seven was a magical number. For days now, families on both sides had been dropping hints of how they should be getting married. Of how it was time for them to, as Albus put it, "Seal the Deal". Neither Rose nor Scorpius were particularly inclined to seal the deal. But, on the seventh anniversary, Rose knew that something was going on. Scorpius wasn't acting like himself. He was being unnaturally jumpy and happy and nervous and loving at the same time. They spent the day together, going to the zoo, then to a fair and, finally, at the end of the night, Scorpius said that they should go to the karaoke place. To which Rose replied saying, "But you hate karaoke."

"But you love it. And I love you. Hence we're going to the place."

"Scorpius... are you alright?"

"Of course. Why wouldn't I be alright?"

"Well you're acting rather... er... different today."