IX: The Storm

Rose's eyes shot open at the sound of thunder. She wasn't really scared of thunder but it made her jump. Scorpius must've realized that his lips weren't meeting anyone's so he opened his eyes too and saw Rose sitting straight, staring at him. He gave a small frown, wondering if it was going too fast. They had only known each other for a little more than a month. Oh shut up. As if you care about time. The little voice said. He ignored it and said, "What's wrong?"

"I don't... nothing. It's going to rain." But that wasn't it. She couldn't figure out what was. Maybe she wasn't ready to sacrifice her first kiss. He was a Malfoy, after all. He's a hot Malfoy. The voice reasoned and she rolled her eyes at it.

"Yeah, looks like it, doesn't it?" Scorpius said, noticing how she had swiftly changed the subject. But she had said nothing, hadn't she? So why weren't they kissing yet? Then he realized what she had said. It was going to rain. They were lost in the centre of the Forbidden Forest (he was assuming that they were in the centre) and it was going to rain. Great timing, Scorpius.

"Mhmm. I'm assuming you know the way back?" She sounded so skeptical, it was almost offensive. Almost. It would be if Scorpius actually knew his way back. Which, he didn't.

"Well..."

"Scorpius Hyperion Malfoy! Do not tell me that we have gotten lost! Did you actually have a clearing or did you take me randomly because you wanted company for a walk?"

"Um..."

"Scorpius..." Now she sounded plain threatening. And it scared Scorpius. He didn't actually think that Rose Weasley (the really adorable, innocent-looking Rose Weasley) could ever seem threatening. But she did now. Her eyes were stormy with anger and her face was contorted in such a manner that she looked like she was ready to blow her top at any moment. The rain then came. First a few drops and then the drizzle started. And it was getting stronger. Rose huffed and turned around, storming out of the clearing. Scorpius took a moment to debate on whether or not to follow her. Then he followed. He caught up with her fairly quickly. She was leaning against a tree. He started, "Rose---"

"Sh." She said, shutting him up. He frowned at her. She pointed at her ear then at a random direction. Scorpius listened hard. It was clearly Albus Potter. He said, "But kissing in the rain is romantic."

"Yes, but making out in a storm is not. So come on. We're getting out of here." An unidentifiable female voice said. Scorpius frowned at Rose, whose eyebrows had shot up. She mouthed the word "Alice" to him. He nodded, pretending he understood, when in reality he didn't know who this Alice person was. Potter said, "Fine." With an exaggerated sigh. The drizzle was getting heavier. Soon it would start pouring. Scorpius hoped that Albus and Alice knew their way out of the Forest. Rose nodded and they followed the pair. Scorpius could just see the silhouettes of Albus and Alice. But he could tell that they definitely liked each other. He's turn and give her a smile every so often. It wasn't as if she was saying anything. He would just smile at her. Scorpius felt very awkward about this and, in some weird way, jealous. He glanced at Rose, trying to read her face. But her face remained impassive. Little did he know the feelings churning through her.

"...kissing in the rain is romantic." See? Al thinks so. There's no reason why you shouldn't think so. It doesn't make you weird or weak to find kissing in the rain romantic, Rose. Honest. Trust me. I'm you, after all. You'd just be trusting yourself. And plus, it'd be Scorpius Malfoy you'd be kissing. Screw first kisses right? He is known for his snogging abilities. Okay, he isn't. But it's your chance to change that.

Just keep you face impassive.

Or just turn around and kiss the man!

No.