XVI: The Talk

... Almost.

"So, Hermione, guess where our little Rosie was sitting today in class." Ron said and immediately Rose blushed a brilliant shade of scarlet that rivalled the colour of her hair. Hermione raised one eyebrow at Ron, quizzically and then, looking at Rose, said, "Where were you sitting, Rose?"

"I was sitting with—" Rose began mumbling but was interrupted by—

"Scorpius Malfoy!" Ron said, flamboyantly, interrupting Rose. She flushed again and Hermione's eyebrows shot up.

"Is that right?" Hermione asked, even though Rose could tell it was more accusatory than quizzical.

"Is what right?" Ginny asked, joining the conversation.

"That our Rosie chose to sit next to Scorpius Malfoy during DADA." Ron said.

"Really?" Ginny said, looking at Rose curiously. Rose didn't know how to respond to that.

"Well of course! It is imperative that the Heads of Hogwarts sit together whenever they have classes together!" Albus exclaimed, coming to Rose's rescue. All eyes turned to face him and then they turned back to look at Rose. She nodded furiously in agreement and shot Albus a look of gratitude when the adults weren't looking. Then Ron said, "Well. That's settled then. Mione I think it's time to have the talk with her."

"Are you sure?"

"She's an adult witch now. I think she can handle it." Ron said.

"But she's my baby!" Hermione exclaimed and moved closer to Rose, putting an arm around her shoulder. Rose smiled inwardly at this comment. Then Ginny said, "You can't avoid the talk forever, Hermione. And you have to be there. Ron can't be the only one giving the talk. You know his emotional range."

"I know…" Hermione said, with a sigh. Then she turned to Ron (who looked particularly annoyed since he was being talked about when he was right there) and said, "I think we should wait till the end of the day." Rose blanched and said, "The end of the day?" 

"Yes, sweetie. Why? Do you have a problem with us staying?" 

"Oh no, of course not!" She said, a little too quickly, hastily trying to regain composure. The only problem is that you probably won't get any Rose/Scorpius alone time till after they leave. The voice said to her and she glared at the voice, although she did agree with it. 

"Then it's settled. We shall stay until the end of the day. Merlin knows I could go for a walk in the woods. I mean, as long as I don't run into any spiders…" Ron said, shuddering at the memory of Aragog. Harry patted his back reassuringly and said, "I think we can handle the spiders now, Ron." 

"Of course we can, Harry! What are you talking about? Why are you so obsessed with them. What, are you scared or something?" 

"Nobody's buying it, dad." Rose said flatly and Ron gave her a glare while the others muffled their laughter. But Ron didn't deny it. Hermione checked her watch and her eyes widened. She looked at Rose and said, "What do you have next?"

"Um… Ancient Runes?"

"Then you had better get going! Merlin's beard, it's late! Go on, now! Just tell them that we had come to visit. You'll probably still get into detention. You too, Albus."

"Mum I think I can be late if I was a little busy talking to my famous parents." Rose said, although she was panicking inwardly.

"Now now, Rosie. We don't want you to go around taking advantage or anything." Ron said, in a warning tone even though his eyes were filled with amusement.