XIV: A Little Too Much Butterbeer

It had been nearly a week since their date and they were growing more and more careless about their relationship. People caught them kissing all over Hogwarts and they were seen walking together a lot. Holding hands, kissing, walking together, they had been caught doing everything. However, this was the first week in which everything seemed like butterflies and daffodils so Scorpius and Rose stayed in a world of their own. They didn't know that their relationship had already gone public and so they were still deciding when to make their relationship public. The ideal opportunity presented itself when Lily's birthday came up and she was handing out invitations for everyone to come to the Gryffindor common room. She had even convinced the Fat Lady to change the password for a night and the password was on the invitation cards in the form of a riddle so, depending on how much the witch or wizard wanted to show up, that's how hard they would work to solve the riddle. But the Gryffindors were obviously already told the password and they tipped off most of their other-house friends. And Rose tipped Scorpius off on the password. 

It started off normal, with Rose talking about Lily's party, giving Scorpius the password 'accidentally', telling him that she still needed to decide what to wear etc. and then it turned into a question where Rose said, "So, do you want to come?" 

"To a party in a Gryffindor common room? You mean the place where I am the least welcome?" He scoffed, earning a frown from Rose. 

"Well, it'll be fun and I'm sure Lily wouldn't mind you being there." Rose said and as if on cue Lily came bursting in through the door with an invitation in hand. She held it out to Scorpius who looked surprised but took it. He read the inside:

You are cordially invited to my epic birthday party tomorrow (the card will start singing when it's the right  day depending on when you get the card) and sincerely hope you can make it.

Yours most truly,
Lily Potter

P. S. Girls wear dresses or (if you really want to) skirts and guys wear shirts or (if you really want to) tuxes.

"Wow Potter. This is really...formal." Scorpius commented.

"I'm taking that as a compliment, Malfoy. So I expect I'll see you two there tomorrow?"

"Yeah." Rose said, nodding and smiling at her. Lily nodded and said, "Great! Wear something pretty! See you tomorrow! Al has been on my case to do Transfiguration even since yesterday. So I'm going to do a chapter before bed."

"Typical Al. Okay bye, Lily."

"Bye Potter."

"Bye Rose. Malfoy. Ha! Rose Malfoy. That sounded weird. Okay bye!" She said and exited, leaving Rose and Scorpius just staring at the door, a very vivid blush on both if their cheeks.

~Tomorrow~

Rose was in a red sleeveless dress with lace straps and Scorpius was in a shirt and trousers. Rose grinned when she saw him and said, "Well doesn't someone look gorgeous?"

"I hope we're both talking about you." Scorpius said, encircling her waist with his arms and pulling her closer to him. Before Rose could say anything, he kissed her. She kissed him back and once they broke the kiss, she was practically shining. But then the shine dimmed and she said, "Are we going together?"