XV: Defence Against The Dark Arts

*WARNING: THIS CHAPTER MAY BE (AND PROBABLY IS) PRETTY SHORT. I APOLOGISE IN ADVANCE!*

Rose woke the next morning with a throbbing headache. She groaned and rolled over, away from the sun. 

"Rise and shine sleepy head. Half the school is almost dead!" The loud and unbelievably chirpy voice of Scorpius sang as the curtains were pulled apart, letting sunshine illuminate the room. Rose muttered profanities under her breath (which tasted horrible) but sat up. Too fast. Her head spun and seemed to explode. Scorpius came close to her and said, "Roooose?" 

"Sco---" she was cut off by her stomach lurching. She made a wild dash for her bathroom and landed in front of the toilet, emptying all the alcohol into it. It tasted even worse coming up that it had going down. And now that her stomach was empty, her headache had worsened ten-fold. Scorpius was holding her hair back, watching her pitifully. He said, "Do you need some---" 

"Please stop talking so loud." Rose whispered, holding her hand up. Her other hand clutching her head as if pressure would reduse the pain.

"Sorry." Scorpius whispered back and Rose stood up, her head spinning and she grabbed Scorpius just as she was about to fall. He held her and she looked at him. It could have been an intimate moment if Scorpius hadn't said, "You really need to brush your teeth. Your mouth smells like the inside of a hippogriff's arse."

"Nice to know that you know what that smells like." Rose said, rolling her eyes at him and pulling away. He laughed but let her go and exited the bathroom to leave her to get ready.

After brushing her teeth and taking a long, hot shower, Rose felt much better. When she finally went downstairs, she noticed that Scorpius was staring at the fireplace, clearly thinking deeply. So she decided to scare him. She snuck up on him from behind and whispered in his ear, in a hissing voice, "Kill." Scorpius emitted a loud, very girlish shriek and fell off the sofa he was sitting on. Although the shriek sent a new wave of explosion in Rose's head, she couldn't help but laugh and had to use the sofa for support so that she didn't fall down from laughing too hard. Scorpius turned around and glared at her and said, "That wasn't funny, Rose."

"It was hilarious, Scorpius." She said, still unable to stop from laughing.

"Stooop!" Scorpius whined, only making her laugh harder. He just watched her helplessly until her laughter died out. She occasionally chuckled but didn't laugh again. Also, her headache was back so she couldn't actually laugh without it hurting too much.

"Are you done?" Scorpius asked, coming to her. She nodded, a huge grin on her face. He nodded, an evil smile appearing on his face, "GREAT!" He shouted and Rose nearly fell over from the shock but her hold on the sofa prevented her from falling over.

"Softly, Scor. I still have a headache, you know." She said, glaring at him.

"DO YOU?! WELL I'M TERRIBLY SORRY! I DIDN'T MEAN FOR MY VOICE TO BE AN INCONVENIENCE!" He shouted at her, making her head throb.

"Fine fine! I'm sorry for scaring you and then laughing at you! Okay?! Can we just let it go now?" Rose said, holding her hands up in defeat.

"Yeah okay. We're even." Scorpius said, grinning at her. She rolled his eyes at him and gave him a light peck before walking around him and going to the door. She said, "Coming?"

"Where?"

"You know how that thing called breakfast still exists?" She said, widening her eyes and nodding her head as if he was seriously stupid. He rolled his eyes too and said, "Shut up. Let's go."