VI: Hogsmeade Weekend

The Hogsmeade weekend was only days away and all the students were looking forward to it so much. Especially the seventh years, who were working harder than ever to keep up with schoolwork and set an example, needed a break from the confinements of the school. Rose was dying to go into the Three Broomsticks and get herself some butterbeer as was Scorpius and the rest of the school. Some of the seventh years were going to the Hog's Head to eavesdrop on conversations while having Firewhisky while others were going in pairs to Madam Puddifoot's for a romantic tea. When the weekend finally came, there was nothing but chaos as everyone bee-lined for the main door, leaving the first and second years behind. Lily dragged Rose with her and they were soon close enough to the main door. Filch stood at the door and marked off their names as they took off towards Hogsmeade.

The minute they entered the village, they went straight to the Three Broomsticks. It was already packed with Hogwarts students by the time they got there. Rose took a quick look around the pub and caught sight of Scorpius sitting with Charles somewhere at the back. Their gazes locked for a second and Rose gave him a half-smile. He didn't return it physically but she could see it in his eyes. He seemed to be trying very hard to concentrate on what Charles was saying but it was probably just the names of the girls he was planning to sleep with before the school year got over. Scorpius noticed Rose and Lily sit down at the seat by the window and wondered if Rose would look at him. It took him a moment to realize that she was looking at him. He then pleaded with her, using his eyes, to get him out of this situation. She seemed to get the message because she nodded slightly and held up two fingers.

Two minutes.

And they were going to be the longest two minutes of Scorpius's life. Lily returned within the time frame and Rose stood up, saying something to her. Scorpius didn't understand what exactly she was saying but he didn't care as long as it got him out of this situation. Lily nodded and Rose gave her a hug before striding over to his table, her eyes fixed on him. She reached him and said, "Sorry, Zabini, but I'm going to have to steal Malfoy---"

"I know you use each other's first names, Weasley. He told me." Charles said, rolling his eyes.

"Did he now?" Rose said through gritted teeth and forcing a very unpleasant smile at Scorpius.

"He did. Now, why do you need to steal him away again?"

"Although I'd much rather leave him here, we have some duties to attend to which include preventing a bunch of third years from going to the Shrieking Shack. It's off-limits even now." She said, glaring at Scorpius now. He smiled guiltily. 

"Well, be my guest." Charles said, moving away from the table. Rose nodded and roughly pulled Scorpius to his feet, leading him out of the Three Broomsticks, shoving him in front of her. 

"Why the anger, Weasley?" 

"Why the tattletale, Malfoy? Why am I even helping you! You told Zabini! I cannot believe--- we had a pact!" She said, turning around and facing him once they were far enough away from the Three Broomsticks. 

"Oh as if you haven't told anyone!" 

"Well I haven't!" Rose lied. 

"Really?" Now he sounded guilty. And although Rose loved making him feel guilty, she now felt guilty for making him feel guilty about a lie. 

"No. I told Lily." Rose said in a small voice. 

"You did what? Did you tell anyone else?" He said, staring at her furiously. Rose was slowly going red and she said, "I may have told Albus and Roxanne." 

"So it's true then. Girls do tell each other everything." 

"You just classified yourself as a girl!"