XVII: Yin And Yang

The next morning Rose woke up to find Scorpius watching her sleep. Her eyes widened and she said, "What the hell are you doing in here?!"

"Being romantic. You look cute when you sleep." He said, grinning.

"Scor… what's going on?"

"Remember how yesterday you said I couldn't be cheesy? So I'm watching you sleep and being there to tell you you're beautiful when you wake up."

"Honey, I said cheesy, not creepy." Rose said, rolling her eyes.

"Did you just call me honey?" 

"Oh shut up. And get out so that I can get ready." 

"Whatever you say… honey." He said, winking at her. Rose threw a pillow at him out of frustration but it ended up hitting the door and falling onto the floor since he managed to escape. She muttered curses at him under her breath and got ready.

When she went downstairs, he was sitting on the sofa in front of the empty fireplace. She shivered and, pointing her wand at the fireplace (from a distance), said, "Incendio." But missed the fire and instead caught the edge of the magazine Scorpius was reading. Scorpius screamed and dropped the magazine before stamping out the fire and using his own Aguamenti which resulted in a very soggy magazine. He turned around to find Rose, down on all fours, laughing so hard that there were tears streaming down her cheeks and her laughter had turned silent. 

"Not. Funny. Rose." 

"Very. Funny. Scorpius." She said, still laughing.

"You're right." He said, unexpectedly. Rose immediately stopped and looked at him, worried.

"I am?"

"Yeah of course you are. You're obviously right and I'm obviously wrong. That's how we're like yin and yang. We can't both be right. We can't be two yins. Yin and yang is harmony." He said. And Rose replied with the only thing that came to mind:

"Are you quoting Castle?"

"Quoting what?"

"Castle. It's a TV show. Television. Remember to show you a bunch of shows when we go on break." She said, walking towards the door.

"Oh speaking of break, I was thinking, maybe we should tell… people when we go on break." Scorpius said, getting up and going towards the door: Following her.

"Assuming we last that long." The words tumbled out before she could stop them. She froze, her hand on the handle.

"Well yeah, obviously." Scorpius said, seemingly unaffected by the words (notice the usage of the word seemingly). Rose relaxed and opened the door, turning around and giving Scorpius a warm smile before walking out. He went out behind her and they went to breakfast.

Outside the Great Hall, Rose turned to Scorpius and said, "You know… Albus kind of told me that apparently the whole school— or pretty much everyone who matters— knows about us. So I think we can walk in together."

"Why, Ms. Weasley, I thought you'd never ask." Scorpius said, after a moment of contemplation. Rose grinned and they entered the Hall arm-in-arm. It felt like a grand act but everyone just looked up at them and then went back to eating. And the couple had to admit that they were slightly disappointed by the fact that nobody even faked surprise.

That is, until everyone in the Great Hall did a double take with their jaws unhinged.

Satisfied with this reaction, Rose pulled away and, grinning at Scorpius, went to the Gryffindor table while Scorpius went to the Slytherins.