XXI: To Moving Forward

A/N: Picture of Karen Gillan as Rose Weasley on the side (on top, if you're using the app) 
--------------->>> Check it out :D ~RFM

--------------------------------------------

Flashback: Rose and Scorpius went together to Halloween party and Scorpius got slightly drunk and told Rose that he enjoyed her company. So she kissed him. And that's what you missed on R&E!

~&~

Scorpius woke up the next morning, feeling disoriented. He also felt a dip in the mattress beside him. Huh. That's weird. He thought and opened his eyes wider. The first thing he saw was a flash of hair.

Red hair.

He awoke with a start and checked under the sheets: He still had all his clothes on. Looking back, he saw that Rose's sleeping face was turned towards him with hair covering part of her face. Instinctively he reached up and moved her hair and, in an instant, Rose was up. She looked at him and screamed with surprise, moving away and ultimately falling off the bed. Scorpius leaned over the edge and said, "Rose...?"

"What the hell are you doing in my bed?!"

"I could ask you the same."

"What?!"

"This is my room." Scorpius explained and Rose quickly glanced around the room, her eyes widening with realization and recollection. Scorpius noticed the recollection and said, "What do you remember?"

"You don't remember? But you told me you weren't that drunk!"

"I wasn't. Or maybe I was. I mean, everything's just one huge blur. I mean, we went to the party and then we went for a walk right?

"Yeah. Do you remember what we talked about?" Rose said, biting down on her lower lip with anticipation.

"Um... no. Do you?" Scorpius asked and Rose hesitated. What if he does remember but isn't saying anything?

think we both know what that means.

"Like you said. It was a blur." Rose said, her face falling. But she attempted at a nonchalant smile. Then Scorpius said, "So why did you end up in my bed?" Immediately a blush tinted her cheeks and she said, "You were drunk and wanted company. So I stayed and I guess I was too tired to go back to my room so I just spent the night here."

There was a pause.

"Oh." Was all Scorpius could muster as the events of the previous night came crashing back. But if Rose was sober, as she was supposed to be, then why didn't she remember the walk and what they talked about? More importantly, why didn't she remember the kiss?

think you know what this means. His subconscious muttered and Scorpius nodded, feeling let down. Then he looked up to find a curious Rose and gave her a slight smile. He said, "Okay then. If either of us remembers anything..."

"Yeah. Definitely. We'll let the other know. Bye then. See you in class." Rose said and left the room, returning to hers to take a shower and change. Unfortunately the shower gave her space to think. And there she had a conversation with her subconscious: