I: Patrol Duty

Rose appeared on the platform, grinning and searching the crowd for her aunt's flaming red hair. Finding it, she headed over towards them with Hugo following closely behind. She called out, "Hey!" And everyone exchanged their greetings and hugged. Then James said, "Hey Rosie, do you know who the Head Boy? I am personally glad that it isn't Albus. He's too much of a goody-two shoes anyway." Rose rolled her eyes and said, "No, I don't know who the Head Boy is." 

"I can bet ten galleons that it's that Malfoy kid: Scorpius." James said, winking.

"What do you know, James?" Rose said, tiredly. 

"Nothing! I just happened to walk by the Malfoy family and my gaze just happened to fall on the Head Boy badge! Honest!" 

"I suppose you also just happened to stop and ask him whether he had Confunded McGonagall." Albus said, joining into the conversation. Rose let out a laugh and James glared at his brother. "What?!" Albus said, innocently. Albus Potter wasn't actually the huge goody-two shoe everyone saw him as. He did get drunk on Firewhisky once (once) and took off his top and his jeans (thankfully leaving his underwear on) and turned on the radio and danced to one of the songs by The Weird Sisters. Rose had found it hilarious. But he made her swear not to tell anyone.

"Al you promised!" 

"But is it true? Is Scorpius really the Head Boy?" Fred II asked, looking at James curiously. He was also in his seventh year. Lily Potter was in her fifth year. So were Roxanne and Lucy. The Scamander twins were in Rose's year, though. Although they were both in Ravenclaw. The others were in Gryffindor. The Weasley tradition continued of everyone being in Gryffindor.

"Yes he is, young wizard. I speak the truth. Ugh, Rosie, you'll have to spend your time in a separate common room with Scorpius. You poor soul." James said, putting a hand over his heart. Then he said, "But if that little prick gives you any trouble, you write to me and tell me, OK, Rose? I'll come there with Teddy and make him sorry for even thinking that he could mess with you!" 

"I think I can handle myself just fine, James." Rose said, flushing a little at his protective older brother act.

"On the other hand, if you fall in love with him---" Lily began. 

"Our Rosie? Falling for Scorpius Malfoy? Don't be ridiculous, Lily." Hugo said, rolling his eyes at Lily, who rolled her eyes right back at him.

"It could happen." Alice Longbottom II piped in and Fred rolled his eyes at her in response. There was a lot of eye-rolling and Rose just stood there, wondering whether Scorpius Malfoy's appearance had changed over the summer. Just then, the train whistle blew and the wizards and witches, excluding James, all got onto the Express. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Scorpius stepped onto the platform, Draco and Rebecca right behind him. He nearly ran into someone but they didn't even notice. He recognized the flaming red hair: it belonged to Rose Weasley. She didn't even turn around and look at him. He hadn't expected her to. He was engrossed in his own thoughts when he heard someone call his name: Charles Zabini. He smiled at Charles warmly and said, "Charles." 

"Hey Scorpius." Scorpius could hear the cool, clipped voice of their parents exchanging news in the background. Then he turned to Charles and said, "Do you know who the Head Girl is?"

"As a matter of fact, I do. It's none other than Rose Weasley." He said, pointing in the general direction of all the redheads on the station. Scorpius blanched and stared at him, his eyes wide and pupils dilated.

"Why does it have to be her?!" Scorpius said. Rebecca heard this and pulled her attention away from the Zabinis, "What is it, Scorpius? Did you find out who the Head Girl is?"