Red Lights

A/N: TW implied homophobia until page break!!!

"He isn't a man, he needs to be gone!" Felix heard his dad screaming from the other room.

Tears were streaming down his face as he was holding back his urge to sob. How could his father say something like that to his son? 

"Please don't do this he's our son and only 15!" Felix heard his mother plea.

"I don't care how old he is!  He's out there kissing and fucking boys!"

Felix heard the footsteps of his father get closer to his room as the echoing get louder.  Shuffling quickly in his room to gather a cloak, jacket, pair of pants and a shirt to make an escape before his father showed up, but he wasn't quick enough.

The door swung open, his father standing there with rage in his eyes.  Felix froze in place not knowing what to do. 

"Out. Now."

"Why?" Felix said with a shaking voice.

"You know why, now get out of my house."

Felix could hear his mom wailing in the background knowing she had no say in this decision and it broke Felix.  Feeling the tears falling harder down his face he gathered his things in a small bag and walked towards his dad.

"You were never a father anyway." Felix spat at his father shoving past him and out the door.

Felix woke up with dampness under his eyes and an aching heart.  He remembers that night so vividly.

Shaking his head he had to get the memory out of his thoughts and focus on something else he didn't have time or energy to think back on that night.  Getting up out of bed Felix stretched and made his way to the bookshelf to find something to read to distract his mind. 

Searching and scanning the shelf he found a book that caught his eye.  The spine was a bright red with two gold strips going across it.  Turning the book over and opening Felix saw a letter fall from the book.

Bending over Felix picked up the letter and saw that the paper was old and almost disintegrating between his hands.

On the front of the letter was written, To my Hyunjinnie, in delicate handwriting.  Turning the letter over he lifted the already broken wax seal to unveil the letter.  The tanned paper looked like it had been read hundreds of times with rips and chunks missing from it.

Carefully Felix unfolded it to reveal that same delicate handwriting.  As his eyes scanned the writing he noticed the end had an ink spill and wasn't signed.  Felix felt his gut tell him not to read but he couldn't help but let curiosity take over.  Looking towards the door to make sure he was in the clear and returned back to the letter.

"My sweet baby Hyunjinnie,

Things are looking not too great right now for us.  There are some very bad people after your father and I.  I need you to stay safe.

When you wake up you will be safe and sound.

Please know that your father and I love you very much and this was the best thing to do to keep you safe and alive.  Please never forget where you come from and go out into the world and make it beautiful. 

Mommy lov..."

Felix's eyes stopped right as the ink spill appeared. 

Before Felix could start to think about the letter he had read he heard the sound of the door beginning to open.  In a panic he folded the letter back up and shoved it in a random spot of the book he found it in. Turning his head towards the door he watched Hyunjin walk in with the usual bowl of broth, stale bread, and apples.