Falling Flower

Felix held his bleeding wrist to his chest as he ran out into the hallway panting as a mix of fear and concern washed over his body. Running past the open windows Felix watched as the sky pass as his feet slammed to the floor. Looking behind him he could see the open entryway to the conservatory and the small figure of Hyunjin curled up by the fountain.

Stopping his feet Felix came to a slamming stop in the middle of the long open hallway. Turning his head towards the dimly lit hallway and towards where Hyunjin lay, Felix couldn't move forward to try to find his way back to his room nor could he move towards Hyunjin. Felix's head was racing not knowing what to do.

Turning his head towards a window Felix looked in the night sky searching for the brightest star for an answer. Walking closer to the window Felix placed his hand on the cool glass looking out. The sky was clear allowing the stars to sparkle brightly through the moonlit night.

Scanning and searching hoping an answer would lie before him, Felix couldn't find the brightest star. Pushing on the glass frustrated in what to do he felt the window swing open. Cool night air greeted his lungs filling him with a sense of freshness and a clearing mind. Walking back to the window Felix took a deep breath calming his mind taking things slowly this time in his search.

The window was wide open. Felix was a mere movement away from running away and escaping. Feeling his heart to his throat Felix could end all this and just leave and never turn back. Felix's attention was broken when the soft sobs of Hyunjin began to echo throughout the hall.

Sticking his head out of the window Felix looked once again towards the night sky searching for the brightest star hoping he would find his answer. Slowly he scanned the sky watching as small twinkles of light welcomed his vision. As Felix turned his head up and towards the conservatory it was there, the brightest star in the sky.

The star reminded him of the sparkle in Hyunjin's eyes from just earlier that day. The tug for him to escape and never come back left as early as it came. The tug in his heart and the brightness of the star gave him the answer he needed.

Stepping slowly away from the window Felix felt his heart pound in his chest. Turning his head towards the conservatory Felix could still make out the small figure of Hyunjin curled in a ball near the fountain. Felix felt his feet turn to walk slowly towards the entrance of the conservatory.

Walking delicately Felix stopped at the edge of the entrance trying to decide what to do. Peeking from the side lying on the edge of the fountain was Hyunjin. Felix could see his body shake as he sobbed next to the trickling water.

Feeling his heart slowly cracking at the sight Felix could feel his eyes begin to water. Hyunjin was cracking. The shell he hid in was cracking before Felix's eyes. Light danced through the cracks of Hyunjin causing Felix's aching heart to thump strongly in his chest.

Walking quietly back into the conservatory Felix hid behind plants as he inched his way closer to Hyunjin. Felix walked as close as he could before he stopped at the sudden silence that fell in the room.

Hyunjin still lay at the edge of the fountain but his sobs had turned silent and his sniffles had gone away and he laid motionless next to the fountain. Felix knew he shouldn't get closer or even make noise that he was there it wasn't worth the risk.

Lowering himself to the ground Felix hid himself behind a tall plant just before a flowerbed of white. Quietly Felix sat on the ground watching Hyunjin waiting for him to move or get up.

Time passed as Felix watched Hyunjin from the distance. The broken man before him didn't move for what felt like hours. The sobbing had subsided but not a single muscle moved.