Chapter 24: Enhancer's Cursed Magic

"Ugh... damn it." Yena cursed out loud as she tapped her swollen cheek. "It fucking hurts you damn bird!"

"And who's that idiot challenged a mid-tier demon in a duel?" Chaewon laughed at Yena's state who's being carried by Yuri on her back. She was unable to move due to fatigue from their fight. She wasn't heavily injured or worse, just physically drained.

The whole group were on their walk towards somewhere with Sakura guiding them the way.

"That idiot? It's obviously Yena," Yujin added that made half of the squad to laugh.

"So what?! I killed a mid-tier chicken once! I saved your ass from that beast so don't you dare laugh at me Kim Minju!!"

"Why me?? It was Yujin!"

"Well then fuck you doggy!"

"How you want it? Doggy style?"

"EW! AHN YUJIN WHAT THE FUCK?!" Minju, even the others immediately flashed a disgusted expression.

"You disgust me, doggy!" Even Wonyoung agreed.

"That was nothing to be proud of Yena." Chaeyeon giggled. "A spirit beast's level is nothing to that of a demon."

"But still! You would have been dead already if it weren't for me!" Yena defended herself once again only resulting her to crunch her face upon feeling a little sting on her cheek where Nako once hit.

"Shut the fuck up you damn brats!" Sakura yelled that made them all silenced.

Except of course for the racist, "No, you shut up old Samurai!"

"I said don't call Mama a samurai!" And again, Yena received another smack from the feisty demon.

Feeling the commotion on her back, Yuri sigh, "Nako-nim, Yena is already beaten up by you so stop. And you Yena," she paused just to give the older a glance. "Just shut up."

"Ah! You too Yul?? I'm heart broken!" And with that, she already fake cried like a kid.

"Nani?! Why would I obey a mere human?! All of you humans should be kil—"

"Nako!" And she immediately silenced up immediately when Hitomi scolded. She never said any more word and just glared at every human her eyes meet, except Chaeyeon of course.

"Are you sure she's your girlfriend, Unnie?" Wonyoung started. Followed by Chaewon, "There's still chance for you to break up with this idiotic donald duck."

"Yeah, I'm thinking about it actually."

"YURI??"

Chaeyeon sigh being embarrassed for her members. And the second demon, it was as if she's the second Hyewon around. Hitomi doesn't give a single attention at them. While Hyewon only rolled her eyes and walked on ahead and went beside Sakura.

"Where are we going...?" Like usual, a hoarse whisper, almost inaudible escaped from her mouth.

Sakura side glanced at the younger as she smirks, "You can still talk at that state?"

Hyewon only clicked her tongue and said nothing afterwards. Especially because she felt her throat getting more rough and painful.

"The center most part of the forest. It's where our main camp is. The magic essence is thicker on the village. Get stronger before we'll cross the swamp."