Chapter 27: New Danger Ahead

"Restart!!" Wonyoung shouts as she frustratingly whined.

"You've restarted for countless times already. Weak ass." Yujin laughed off that earned a small smack from Hyewon.

"Oh really, doggy?? How about you do it then??"

"Nah, I'm good." Yujin deadpans and she walked towards where Chaewon and Yena were.

The group are still on their journey towards Blizholde. They just had their quick break and lunch earlier, afterwards proceeding on their path.

"Unnie!!" Wonyoung whined again, this time facing Chaeyeon. "I can't do this, it's too hard!!" She clings and hugged the older while flashing a pout.

Only turning out ineffective when Chaeyeon only chuckled and ruffled her hair, "You should complete the task I assigned you."

"But!!" Her little (big) feet was stomping like a spoiled child, "How am I supposed to count footsteps?? All of our footsteps— that's impossible!"

"It isn't actually," Yuri suddenly butted in and showed Wonyoung her proud smirk. "We had 139, 928 footsteps in total for all 11 of us." And she smirked wider seeing Wonyoung's face frown in more frustration. "Perhaps a sensor like me is better in terms of dividing attention."

The fury on the maknaes face faded and immediately replaced by a usual curiosity, so she faced Chaeyeon again, "Dividing attention?"

"Yes, you're supposed to know that." Chaeyeon ruffled her hair once more and continued explaining as they walk. "Supports and sensors like you two— us three actually are obligated to focus on our surroundings. So we must know well how to divide our attention equally to which we must be attentive of."

"Ha, a support doesn't even know this basic knowledge? How lame of you," Nako scoofed.

"YOU SATANIC TODDLER REALLY DARE CALL MY BABY LAME?!" Yena called out that became the reason of their quarrel... again.

"And here we go again," Hitomi could only sigh while shaking her head.

"I can't stand them anymore," Added Minju. The others were the same as well, tired of stopping their childish bicker and so they remained silenced and let then be.

"So yeah, that sums it," Yuri grinned at Wonyoung again. "I'm better than you."

"Yeah?? How 'bout you count all the ants here then! It's not easy!!"

"But it is," Yuri took a second to pause, "within a 3-meter radius from my standing, I've counted an approximate total of 1,701,824 ants."

"Tsk, how can we even know it it's a lie or not?"

"Well, there are 4 colonies within the said radius, I saw them beforehand. Estimated population of ants per colony ranged from 100,000 to 500,000." Hitomi explained that earned an awe from the maknes, even some members of the group. "I doubt she lied."

"I told you, I can hear and know everything," she was like a sassy brat pointing at her ears while her eyebrows raised at Wonyoung. Only then giggling afterwards before pacing towards to walk beside Yena to silence her from exchanging another argument against Nako. Hitomi did the same to the winged demon.

"Why am I learning this?"

"Haven't I told you yet?" Chaeyeon's question earned a shake of the younger's head. "It's a process a of learning far-distanced support." And by the phrase, Wonyoung eyes can already be seen gleaming with anticipation.