Chapter 39: Eclipse of Reawakening

I hate everything, Hitomi trembled on her feet. She can feel herself heating up drastically as smokes started forming from her skin. She's been brainwashed by anger after finding our the lies she has lived in fifteen years. How can they lie to me? She can't even control her own eyes from glowing in flames. Her ears blocked her senses. She can't hear anything more than her own ragged breath.

She looks at the higher place where the King was seated, it was you... Hwan the devil. I'll kill you.

"It's beating rapidly... she has to be stopped!!" Yuri can sense her athirst anger by her heartbeat, and she knew it ain't good. She glanced at Hwan anxiously before turning to Hyewon. "Stop her flames, quick!"

"I can't."

"What?! Your ice can counter her fire, Hyewon! Stop her!"

"No." Hyewon's voice was authoritative that Yuri gritted her teeth in annoyance.

"Your anger with fire won't put you in any place, Hyewon! Hitomi needs to be stopped!"

"Why? Other members are capable of stopping Hitomi too. Why does it have to be me?"

"Your ice can freeze her quickly!"

"Stop!" Just as when Yuri was about to hold Hyewon, Minju came in between and pushed them apart. "Yuri, just stop."

"What?? Hitomi is about to outburs—"

"Hitomi is a fire element, it's natural for her to burst her anger out. But why can't she? Why won't you let her vent her rage?" Hyewon squinted her eyes, her looks were screaming suspicion. "Or is there something you know that she's hiding?"

Yuri was silenced immediately by Hyewon's chilling glare. The side of her nose twitched being cornered by her words. Yuri just remained quiet as Yena slowly pulled her back.

"No. Hyewon, Hii-chan's one of us. Whatever secret she may be hiding we have to trust her," Minju kept stern of her words while giving her a look of convincing. She looks at Yuri with the same eyes, "And we can't stop Hitomi, or else we'll lose."

It made Nako burst out a bitter snarl and immediately ran to Minju to grip on her collar. Her eyes were madly widened as she spoke, "Lose? Are you really concerned of this child game more than your own comrade? F*ck this tournament— get her out of the ring right now before she—" she stopped her yell to lower her voice, "before she kill any human."

"Pay respect, she's still your princess!" Chaewon shoved away Nako's hand from holding the princess and received the demon's glares instead.

"I hail no royal," Nako won't back off. She glared back at Chaewon as well.

"One," When Eunbi's voice once again commands that made them all behave. "Don't make me count to three." They silenced up almost immediately.

"Hii-chan," all of them turned to Wonyoung when she spoke. They saw the youngest's eyes glistened in worry as she stares at the arena where the demon was standing in fury.

But there's... something more than worry she felt.

"No," Yujin immediately held Wonyoung's wrist when she saw she was about to hold her chest. She pushed her gently towards the back most where she can make sure the others can't hear. "Whatever you're feeling right now, don't let anyone know."

"B-but... it hurts."

"Endure it."

Wonyoung nods and sighs. She tried to ignore the throb in her chest and looks at Yujin. Only to widen her eyes, "Why are your eyes red—"