Chapter 32: Sun and Moon; Eternal Opposites

A/N:

Midnight update with a short chap!🤧

———

The sounds of crushed leaves, heavy steps and rigorous breathes were all they could hear. Hitomi with Nako she carried and there's Yena while Yuri is on her back, the four of them were silent as they ran towards the direction Yuri had led them. None of them tried to speak, only thinking about where they could possibly find Hyewon.

But then Yuri, ever since was already filled with questions in her head. Side glancing, she squinted her eyes at the horned demon. She wants to confirm something. So without a warning she called, "Tomi."

This statement made them all stop from their track. The called demon, not even tired by any bits, she turned around to face her with indolence. "What?"

"You knew, didn't you? Why Hyewon reacted that way."

Hitomi clearly understood what Yuri meant. It's already given that Hyewon is obviously scared of flames. But she knew beyond that. There's something more specific in her mind that only the demons knew, but never would she have thought that even this bounded secret would be known to Yuri. In the end, all she could do is sigh. She already knew. There's no purpose hiding it. "I... suppose you knew that as well?"

"I see.... So it's been you all along." Yuri lets out a plastering smile as she gets off from the older. She already expected this, but she still felt worse, can't help but feel bitter about it.

Yena... she was most curious. She's clueless about such. All unsolved questions clouded her mind, but sensing how serious Yuri is right now, she chose to stay silent. She's the one who knew Yuri the most, so she understood not to disrupt in between. Besides, she herself is already in a bad mood to ask about it. Being this clueless, she could only think at the back of her head, what's with this goat?

"Please do understand," there was a clear plead in Hitomi's voice as she lowered her head. It only added more to the blind's confusion while Yuri became more solemn.

"You don't have to worry about anything. I completely understood how you felt. But Hyewon is highly sensitive right now. I ask for your consideration to distance yourself after she's found."

"I will," Yuri don't have to remind her that, Hitomi already considered it. And to add, she still hadn't gain the courage to approach Hyewon like they're comrades. All the guilt had never faded from her.

"I know how to keep a secret, this won't be known to anyone else," her assurance consoled Hitomi's uneasiness. "Now you should go on ahead. Yena and I still have something to settle. We'll follow."

Hitomi tightened her hold onto Nako and turned to them for one last time, "Thank you, Yuri." She only earned a nod, but it was enough to assure acceptance of her gratefulnesses so she ran forward.

Yuri and Yena were left in their stood, silent and serious. Yena couldn't get herself to speak even a single word. There was a lump on her throat that she can't utter a thing. Horrified, it might be the right word to describe what she felt right now. Yuri's frightening aura is leaked all over that she couldn't move an inch. Yena's tremblingly frozen. And she gulped lump on her throat when Yuri gave her a glare, those eyes that indicates her anger.

It only made Yena nod desperately and helplessly as Yuri commanded a warning as if they're a curse, "Never try open your eyes in front of them, again."

———

As Hitomi was running on her fastest pace, her mind were still filled with what they talked earlier. She came onto this one thought she made.